Re: Y2K (was Re: Fighter Practice)

  • Mizzi@aol.com
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 19, 1999
      In a message dated 11/19/99 4:54:40 AM, clanlaird@... writes:

      <<>I will post a practice schedual when and if we decide to do this. The only
      >date that is not available is December 30th, the National Guard needs the
      >space to get ready for New Years Eve.
      *snip*

      Okay folks, was anyone paying attention to this line? And they say
      everything's going to be fine. Hmmm... Take the blinders off, and have
      your gear prepared just in case. >>

      Couldn't they be planning a party like most of the rest of the world?

      Mairgret

      (I admit I'm an optimist but I really don't think anything very exciting is
      going to happen New Year's Eve)
    • Philip & Susan Troy
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 19, 1999
        Mizzi@... wrote:

        > From: Mizzi@...
        >
        > Couldn't they be planning a party like most of the rest of the world?
        >
        > Mairgret
        >
        > (I admit I'm an optimist but I really don't think anything very exciting is
        > going to happen New Year's Eve)

        I agree. But the image of Martha Stewart being swept away in an
        apocalyptic sea of rioters while setting up a centerpiece for the
        National Guard's Millenium-Minus-One ball is a comforting one...

        Adamantius
        --
        Phil & Susan Troy

        troy@...
      • Bronwynmgn@xxx.xxx
        Message 3 of 4 , Nov 19, 1999
          In a message dated 11/18/99 11:54:49 PM Eastern Standard Time,
          clanlaird@... writes:

          << The only
          >date that is not available is December 30th, the National Guard needs the
          >space to get ready for New Years Eve.
          *snip*

          Okay folks, was anyone paying attention to this line? And they say
          everything's going to be fine. Hmmm... Take the blinders off, and have
          your gear prepared just in case. I have to work and will know something's
          afoot 14-17 hours ahead of EDT to give warning. >>

          Maybe the National Guard is hosting a New Year's Eve party at the site? Or
          maybe they are getting ready to do crowd control on all the people who panic
          at 12:01, whether there's anything to panic about or not?

          Brangwayna Morgan