Re: Update on Southern Region Arts Exhibition event

  • William Vincenti
    Message 1 of 7 , Jun 23, 1999
      Can you do the SRegion Arts stuff at one of the other events? I can't see
      why one of the groups would object to having more people having a desire to
      go to one of their events as long as there is space on the site.

      -Bill

      > From: Timothy & Gabrielle Taylor <flyingbear@...>
      >
      > For those of you who are interested, I wanted to give an update on how
      > things are progressing for a Southern Region Arts Event. We have solved
      > some dilemnas but others arise.
      >
      > First, the Canton of Marwick had already planned an event for October
      > 2nd, a Harvest Faire. Lord Erec (Seneschal) and Lord Omar (autocrat)
      > suggested that this event could be combined with the SR event,
      > especially if we had possible sites in mind. Lady Isabeau (Rusted
      > Woodlands) thinks she can get the Phillipsburg school site that was used
      > for EKU last spring, but even if that is not available she has some
      > other sites in mind. Baroness Merlynia is supportive of having the event
      > be held in Settmour Swamp. Things seemed to be going well.
      >
      > However, I received an announcement today for the Mudpuppy (I'm the
      > Chronicler) that the Settmour Swamp Sarab Seraglio is scheduled for
      > October 2nd. Also today I saw that Iron Bog is having an event on
      > October 23, which was another date we considered for this event.
      >
      > So we're back to trying to find a date that is free - does anyone know
      > if there is a problem with:
      >
      > October 16th?
      > November 6th? (apart from it being the same month as a number of other
      > events, ie Agincourt, 100 Minutes War and Feast of St. Andrews in An
      > Dubhaigeainn)
      >
      > We're anxious to get something on the calendar ASAP - it's obvious that
      > dates are filling up quickly.
      >
      > Thanks,
      > Gabrielle

      > Congratulations to "Make_A_Child_Smile," our latest ONElist of the Week.
      > http://www.onelist.com
      > How is ONElist changing YOUR life? Visit our homepage and let us know!

    • Timothy & Gabrielle Taylor
      Message 2 of 7 , Jun 23, 1999
        William Vincenti wrote:

        > From: "William Vincenti" <wgv@...>
        >
        > Can you do the SRegion Arts stuff at one of the other events? I can't see
        > why one of the groups would object to having more people having a desire to
        > go to one of their events as long as there is space on the site.
        >
        > -Bill

        That's why we considered combining it with the Marwick Harvest Faire event,
        they volunteered to open up their event to doing it with the SR Arts Exhibition
        event (aka Laurel's Prize Tourney). Their group is the only one to suggest it
        at this point, although the officers of Ostgardr have offered to help find a
        site, etc. if these plans fall through. Again, though, we have a problem with
        finding a date that doesn't conflict. Turns out October 16th is already set to
        be an Athena's Thimble, though it hasn't made it to the calendars yet. Which
        brings us back to Nov. 6th., and Ostgardr already has Agincourt scheduled for
        Nov. 13th.

        Gabrielle

      • kathe1@xxxx.xxx
        Message 3 of 7 , Jun 23, 1999
          >October 16th?

          >Thanks,
          >Gabrielle

          Athena's Thimble Collegium in Buckland Cross. Mark your calendars and
          anyone interested in teaching, please contact me. How's that for a double
          plug? :-)

          Thanks.

          Julleran
          kathe1@...
        • Joe & Kathy Fulginiti
          Message 4 of 7 , Jun 23, 1999

            > For those of you who are interested, I wanted to give an update on how
            > things are progressing for a Southern Region Arts Event. We have solved
            > some dilemnas but others arise.
            > However, I received an announcement today for the Mudpuppy (I'm the
            > Chronicler) that the Settmour Swamp Sarab Seraglio is scheduled for
            > October 2nd. Also today I saw that Iron Bog is having an event on
            > October 23, which was another date we considered for this event.
            >
            > We're anxious to get something on the calendar ASAP - it's obvious that
            > dates are filling up quickly.

            Might there be a problem with holding it at Iron Bog's event (with the
            autocrat's approval of course)?

            MIchel L'Espiegle
          • Laura Krutul
            Message 5 of 7 , Jul 3, 1999
              I finally heard from the school district regarding the use of the school
              here in Caer Adamant for the A&S Event. Between football, school
              functions, craft shows, etc. all the dates that we are considering are
              taken up with school activities. The fall is a very busy time, and this
              school has some great facilities that put them in big demand. We would
              have had better luck if we planned for late winter, early spring.

              I'm bummed that it won't work out - THIS TIME. I'm still trying to get
              this site for an event later in year 2000. It's too good to loose.

              In Service,
              Laurenne

              Diaz de Leon; Ted Dillenkofer; Kathe Everitt; Laura Krutul; Mikael \"Kael\"
              McCue <michael.macchione@...>, Timothy and Gabrielle Taylor
              <flyingbear@...>, Linda Krecker-Schkred <rhianwen@...>,
              Philip & Susan Troy <troy@...>, Bill Quick
              <baron.bill@...>, Ron Simmons <ronsimmons@...>, Lorcan
              Dracontius <dracontius@...>, Paul & Aimee Kay
              <a-p-kay@...>, Pat Mizzi <Mizzi@...>, Paul MacMenamin
              <macmenamin@...>, Tristen Von Halstern <Tristen@...>, Carl
              Finne <cfinne@...>, Philip & Susan Troy <troy@...>
              Subject: Update on Southern Region Arts Exhibition event

              Message 6 of 7 , Jul 4, 1999
                Laura Krutul wrote:

                > I finally heard from the school district regarding the use of the school
                > here in Caer Adamant for the A&S Event. Between football, school
                > functions, craft shows, etc. all the dates that we are considering are
                > taken up with school activities. The fall is a very busy time, and this
                > school has some great facilities that put them in big demand. We would
                > have had better luck if we planned for late winter, early spring.
                >
                > I'm bummed that it won't work out - THIS TIME. I'm still trying to get
                > this site for an event later in year 2000. It's too good to loose.

                Sounds like a plan. Hopefully they now know their schedule through the end of the
                school year (ie summer 2000) and we can find a date we can work with. Any word on
                using the elaborate kitchens?

                Gabrielle