Update on Southern Region Arts Exhibition event

  • Timothy & Gabrielle Taylor
    Message 1 of 7 , Jun 23, 1999
      For those of you who are interested, I wanted to give an update on how
      things are progressing for a Southern Region Arts Event. We have solved
      some dilemnas but others arise.

      First, the Canton of Marwick had already planned an event for October
      2nd, a Harvest Faire. Lord Erec (Seneschal) and Lord Omar (autocrat)
      suggested that this event could be combined with the SR event,
      especially if we had possible sites in mind. Lady Isabeau (Rusted
      Woodlands) thinks she can get the Phillipsburg school site that was used
      for EKU last spring, but even if that is not available she has some
      other sites in mind. Baroness Merlynia is supportive of having the event
      be held in Settmour Swamp. Things seemed to be going well.

      However, I received an announcement today for the Mudpuppy (I'm the
      Chronicler) that the Settmour Swamp Sarab Seraglio is scheduled for
      October 2nd. Also today I saw that Iron Bog is having an event on
      October 23, which was another date we considered for this event.

      So we're back to trying to find a date that is free - does anyone know
      if there is a problem with:

      October 16th?
      November 6th? (apart from it being the same month as a number of other
      events, ie Agincourt, 100 Minutes War and Feast of St. Andrews in An
      Dubhaigeainn)

      We're anxious to get something on the calendar ASAP - it's obvious that
      dates are filling up quickly.

      Thanks,
      Gabrielle
    • William Vincenti
      Message 2 of 7 , Jun 23, 1999
        Can you do the SRegion Arts stuff at one of the other events? I can't see
        why one of the groups would object to having more people having a desire to
        go to one of their events as long as there is space on the site.

        -Bill

        > From: Timothy & Gabrielle Taylor <flyingbear@...>
        >
        > For those of you who are interested, I wanted to give an update on how
        > things are progressing for a Southern Region Arts Event. We have solved
        > some dilemnas but others arise.
        >
        > First, the Canton of Marwick had already planned an event for October
        > 2nd, a Harvest Faire. Lord Erec (Seneschal) and Lord Omar (autocrat)
        > suggested that this event could be combined with the SR event,
        > especially if we had possible sites in mind. Lady Isabeau (Rusted
        > Woodlands) thinks she can get the Phillipsburg school site that was used
        > for EKU last spring, but even if that is not available she has some
        > other sites in mind. Baroness Merlynia is supportive of having the event
        > be held in Settmour Swamp. Things seemed to be going well.
        >
        > However, I received an announcement today for the Mudpuppy (I'm the
        > Chronicler) that the Settmour Swamp Sarab Seraglio is scheduled for
        > October 2nd. Also today I saw that Iron Bog is having an event on
        > October 23, which was another date we considered for this event.
        >
        > So we're back to trying to find a date that is free - does anyone know
        > if there is a problem with:
        >
        > October 16th?
        > November 6th? (apart from it being the same month as a number of other
        > events, ie Agincourt, 100 Minutes War and Feast of St. Andrews in An
        > Dubhaigeainn)
        >
        > We're anxious to get something on the calendar ASAP - it's obvious that
        > dates are filling up quickly.
        >
        > Thanks,
        > Gabrielle

        > Congratulations to "Make_A_Child_Smile," our latest ONElist of the Week.
        > http://www.onelist.com
        > How is ONElist changing YOUR life? Visit our homepage and let us know!

      • Timothy & Gabrielle Taylor
        Message 3 of 7 , Jun 23, 1999
          William Vincenti wrote:

          > From: "William Vincenti" <wgv@...>
          >
          > Can you do the SRegion Arts stuff at one of the other events? I can't see
          > why one of the groups would object to having more people having a desire to
          > go to one of their events as long as there is space on the site.
          >
          > -Bill

          That's why we considered combining it with the Marwick Harvest Faire event,
          they volunteered to open up their event to doing it with the SR Arts Exhibition
          event (aka Laurel's Prize Tourney). Their group is the only one to suggest it
          at this point, although the officers of Ostgardr have offered to help find a
          site, etc. if these plans fall through. Again, though, we have a problem with
          finding a date that doesn't conflict. Turns out October 16th is already set to
          be an Athena's Thimble, though it hasn't made it to the calendars yet. Which
          brings us back to Nov. 6th., and Ostgardr already has Agincourt scheduled for
          Nov. 13th.

          Gabrielle

        • kathe1@xxxx.xxx
          Message 4 of 7 , Jun 23, 1999
            >October 16th?

            >Thanks,
            >Gabrielle

            Athena's Thimble Collegium in Buckland Cross. Mark your calendars and
            anyone interested in teaching, please contact me. How's that for a double
            plug? :-)

            Thanks.

            Julleran
            kathe1@...
          • Joe & Kathy Fulginiti
            Message 5 of 7 , Jun 23, 1999

              > For those of you who are interested, I wanted to give an update on how
              > things are progressing for a Southern Region Arts Event. We have solved
              > some dilemnas but others arise.
              > However, I received an announcement today for the Mudpuppy (I'm the
              > Chronicler) that the Settmour Swamp Sarab Seraglio is scheduled for
              > October 2nd. Also today I saw that Iron Bog is having an event on
              > October 23, which was another date we considered for this event.
              >
              > We're anxious to get something on the calendar ASAP - it's obvious that
              > dates are filling up quickly.

              Might there be a problem with holding it at Iron Bog's event (with the
              autocrat's approval of course)?

              MIchel L'Espiegle
            • Laura Krutul
              Message 6 of 7 , Jul 3, 1999
                I finally heard from the school district regarding the use of the school
                here in Caer Adamant for the A&S Event. Between football, school
                functions, craft shows, etc. all the dates that we are considering are
                taken up with school activities. The fall is a very busy time, and this
                school has some great facilities that put them in big demand. We would
                have had better luck if we planned for late winter, early spring.

                I'm bummed that it won't work out - THIS TIME. I'm still trying to get
                this site for an event later in year 2000. It's too good to loose.

                In Service,
                Laurenne

                Diaz de Leon; Ted Dillenkofer; Kathe Everitt; Laura Krutul; Mikael \"Kael\"
                McCue <michael.macchione@...>, Timothy and Gabrielle Taylor
                <flyingbear@...>, Linda Krecker-Schkred <rhianwen@...>,
                Philip & Susan Troy <troy@...>, Bill Quick
                <baron.bill@...>, Ron Simmons <ronsimmons@...>, Lorcan
                Dracontius <dracontius@...>, Paul & Aimee Kay
                <a-p-kay@...>, Pat Mizzi <Mizzi@...>, Paul MacMenamin
                <macmenamin@...>, Tristen Von Halstern <Tristen@...>, Carl
                Finne <cfinne@...>, Philip & Susan Troy <troy@...>
                Subject: Update on Southern Region Arts Exhibition event

                Message 7 of 7 , Jul 4, 1999
                  Laura Krutul wrote:

                  > I finally heard from the school district regarding the use of the school
                  > here in Caer Adamant for the A&S Event. Between football, school
                  > functions, craft shows, etc. all the dates that we are considering are
                  > taken up with school activities. The fall is a very busy time, and this
                  > school has some great facilities that put them in big demand. We would
                  > have had better luck if we planned for late winter, early spring.
                  >
                  > I'm bummed that it won't work out - THIS TIME. I'm still trying to get
                  > this site for an event later in year 2000. It's too good to loose.

                  Sounds like a plan. Hopefully they now know their schedule through the end of the
                  school year (ie summer 2000) and we can find a date we can work with. Any word on
                  using the elaborate kitchens?

                  Gabrielle