Odd Question - Medieval Women Calendars

  • silveroak@juno.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 18, 2014
      Greetings,

      Does anyone remember the Medieval Women: An Illustrated Calendar series? By Sally Fox et al.

      Does anyone know when the series started?

      I know there was one in 1992, and I know the series ended in 2002. Is there one from 1991 or earlier?

      I tried looking it up, but I think my google-fu has winged away today...well, I did find her donated collection!:

      http://oasis.lib.harvard.edu/oasis/deliver/~sch01175

      Thanks in advance,
      -Carowyn

      The #1 Worst Carb Ever?
      Click to Learn #1 Carb that Kills Your Blood Sugar (Don't Eat This!)
      http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL3141/5303e794b38f467941ad5st03duc
    • creatureofironbog
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 19, 2014
        Hey, Caro!  Did you try contacting the library that has her collection?  (I also tried
        Googling --- had Fail).

        ~Creature~
      • silveroak@juno.com
        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 19, 2014
          >Hey, Caro!

          Hiya!

          >Did you try contacting the library that has her collection?

          That'll be next. I know other people on this list collect her calendars, so I was hoping a Scadian had the answer at hand, since so many websites don't seem to have a full answer.

          I know they had a 1992 edition, because I have a copy. I also have 1994 through 1999 (including a 1995 definitely mislabeled as a 1996), and I know what 1993, and 2000 through 2002 look like. And I've heard that companies like to do decade runs....which is why I can't get a Nene Thomas calendar for 2014....grumble.....

          So I don't know if there were any 1991 editions, or 1990, or previous.

          > (I also tried Googling --- had Fail).

          Even her biblio pages just mention the calendars as a set, but don't give the dates. Or give random dates. I tried pulling images, and got sporadic results. It's odd.

          Anyway, there's my data, with gaps. If anyone has a 1991 or previous calendar, I'd dearly love a pic of the cover!

          -Carowyn

          NetZero now offers 4G mobile broadband. Sign up now.