Playing Recorder in March

  • Sabine de Kerbriant
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 17 7:47 PM
      Bonjour mes amis!

      In honor of March being the official Play the Recorder Month (I'm not making that up, honest), let's get as many people as possible doing exactly that!

      I'll be hosting two open workshops/playing circles at events in March. The first will be at Artisans' Challenge on March 8. We'll start out the beginning of the session with an introduction to the instrument, move on to a couple of simple tunes, and slowly ramp up the difficulty level from there as our time goes on. Requests for songs are welcome, and I'll also be posting and bringing sheet music for pieces to work on together. Some loaner instruments will be available; if you know in advance you're interested, please drop me a line so I have an idea of how many people may need loaner recorders.

      The second will be attached to Artisans' Row at Mudthaw on March 22, from 12:00 to 2:30 pm -- same idea and structure.

      There will be something for every level of player. If you don't know how to read sheet music, you can still start learning recorder -- there are many musicians in the SCA who play by ear. More experienced musicians, come test your skills later in the time slots with fun polyphonic pieces. All are welcome to both circles!

                Your servant and that of the East,
                    Sabine de Kerbriant