Call for Articles, Artwork, & Photographs

  • Martyn de Halliwell
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 14, 2014
      To those who read these letters, greetings and hopes of good health from Lord Martyn de Halliwell, Chronicler of Bhakail.

      Do you have an article on food, cooking, or food art?  Many Bhakailis are renown for their culinary skills.  I'm looking to assemble a few articles for the February issue on the topic of Food.  It could be anything from medieval hunting and fishing techniques, to butchering, sausage making, subtlety creation, bread baking, recipes, service techniques, to what a medieval kitchen looked like.  Email articles to me ASAP if you'd like them included in the February issue.

      Do you have artwork or photographs that could work as part of an article, or cover art for The Salamander?  If you do, send copies to chronicler@... I'm always on the lookout for new cover images, graphics (even small ones) to help fill white-space, and event photographs, especially.

      Also appearing in this month's issue of The Salamander will be an accounting of Bhakail Investiture. If anyone is interested in doing an accounting of Bhakail Yule: A Tudor Yule, please consider sending a copy to have published in The Salamander.  I'm still looking for accountings of Bhakail Champions & Commons and El Cid: The Event, if anyone would be interested in those.

      Anyone who would be interested in a regular series of articles on any topic, please contact me, I'm already interested.

      If you have even the most remote amount of interest, please send an email to chronicler@... and I'll be sure to get back to you with more information and lots of encouragement.  :-)

      In service,
      Martyn

      --
      Lord Martyn de Halliwell, CT, MH
      Per pale argent and azure, a hedgehog statant between three crosses cletchy fitchy counterchanged.