Event Invite! Novice Schola 10/26/13

  • Stan Cohen
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 5, 2013

      Greetings from the Shire of Nordenfjord in Rockland county NY!

      We invite you to join us on Saturday 10/26/13 for our Shire’s INAUGURAL event – a Novice Schola.  This is a truly historical happening as Rockland county NY returns to our roots from the forest from whence it sprouted its first oak.

      Event link:

      http://www.eastkingdom.org/EventDetails.html?eid=2450

      NO PRE-REG IS REQUIRED HOWEVER AN RSVP IS GREATLY APPRECIATED SO WE KNOW HOW MUCH FOOD TO PREPARE AND OUR TEACHERS KNOW WHAT MATERIALS TO BRING.

      We offer a smorgasbord of beginner/entry level classes: (Please continually check the event website for updates.)

      **Accessibility Hour with Mistress Alayne Alexandra Nyvern Nightwatcher - EK Accessibility Porter
      Beginner Calligraphy & Illumination
      “Fiber to Garment”
      **Origami
      **Medieval Table Games
      Basic Garb 101 & Basic Garb 102
      **How to make a basic T-Tunic
      **Period Dances
      **Recorder Playing for beginners (soprano and alto)
      Heraldic Consultation Table
      Intro to Heraldry
      Last Course of a Tudor Feast
      Kumihimo Braiding on a Disc
      Basic Wire Weaving
      Finishing off a Wire Woven project
      Bocce - an Italian garden game
      Basic Sausage Making
      Making a Cordial
      Arrow making
      **Making Apple Moys
      And a few more yet unconfirmed...
      ** classes are Family Track.  We also plan to have some classes that are child specific!  This is subject to change – please contact the autocrat for particulars.

      In the afternoon we will host a Queen's Tea with Her Majesty Avelina Keyes of Lockwood and Vicereine Johanne i Visby from the Crown Province of Ostgardr.  Her Majesty will welcome questions about protocol and SCA history.  This is a great opportunity for new people to have an informal visit with the Queen and ask all the questions they need!   We are asking everyone  to possibly consider making/bringing baked goods such as cookies for the Queen's Tea if at all possible.

      A special Fundraiser will be held.  A one of a kind, custom piece of jewelry to be created and offered up for sale by silent auction - a pin rendered in copper featuring the Viking vessel from the Shire device and handmade by our own Gretta Coerfan (Margo Konikoff, a professional jeweler and member of our Shire).  Own a piece of history as only one will ever be made.  You can see her work here:www.MargalitaDesigns.com

      Lunch will be served:

      Assorted Cheeses
      Hard Boiled Eggs
      Bread
      Apples - Oranges - Grapes
      Raw Veggie Platter
      Chick Pea Salad
      Ember Day Tart
      Squash Soup
      Beef Mushroom Barley Soup
      Honey Butter
      Herb Butter
      Apple Moys
      Ice Tea - Lemon Water - Coffee - Tea

      The site is Handi-Capable

      Site Opens: 10:00 AM
      Site Closes: 6:00 PM

      Event Fees:

      Site : $10.00 + $5.00 non-member surcharge as applicable. We are also offering a 25.00 family cap and children under 12 are FREE.

      Some classes will have a materials fee.  This is the responsibility of the student.  All fees will be minimal.

      Feast: Lunch will be served and is included in the site fee.  For dietary and allergy concerns, please contact AmeliaJoan called Molly - ameliajoan831@...

      Coffee, tea and refreshment service throughout the day.
      If you choose to PRE-REG,  please make checks payable to: SCA NY - Crown Province of Ostgardr.

      Event Location (see event website for directions):

      Town Of Ramapo Senior Citizen's Community Center
      319 Haverstraw Road (corner of Route 202 and Mayer Drive)
      Suffern, NY  10901-3133

      Event Contact Information:

      Event Steward:
      Lord AEthelstan St.  Maur