16 x 22 oval slant wall marquis wi full floor for sale at Pennsic

  • SharonB
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 12, 2013
      Hello;

      I've built a little house for use at Pennsic, so I'm putting my elaborate pavilion up for sale. It is a Tentsmiths oval slant wall marquis with green roof striping, green edged roman dagging, and a full break down floor.

      The floor is the same basic construction as the floor in a house.
      There is a frame with four sections of joist hangers. The frame is attached by industrial weight door hinges. line up the hinges and put the hinge pins in and the frame is together. pull the hinge pins out and the frame comes apart. Assemble and square the frame. (it's square when you measure corner to corner across the two diagonals and the measurement is the same, you don't need to pack a square.) The joist are then placed in the joist hangers and the 3/4 inch pressure treated plywood decking is screwed down to the frame and joist. (you will heed a screwgun) As the frame is an elongated octagon and the decking is an oval, pieces of board (shims) are stacked under parts of the oval that extend beyond the octagonal frame at each end.

      The floor is very sturdy and has supported over a dozen people during rainstorms without a problem. The longest boards in it are two 16 foot boards of the frame, so to store it you would need a space that can accommodate a 16 ft. length of lumber. It was made of 16 sheets of plywood decking, 8 full sheets for the center of the oval, and 8 partial sheets that make up the oval ends, so storage would need to accommodate at least 4 ft width plus an inch or two on the side to get ahold of each sheet.

      Camp nine inches above the rain and mud, get a pavilion with a floor.

      -- Shauna