Fwd: [SCA-HRLDS] Pennsic Heralds Point-

  • Mathilde Poussin
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 24, 2013
      ---------- Forwarded message ----------
      From: Gise <scribe0002@...>
      Date: Mon, Jun 24, 2013 at 11:32 AM
      Subject: [SCA-HRLDS] Pennsic Heralds Point-
      To: ekheralds@..., EKHerEd@yahoogroups.com,
      AtlantianHeralds@yahoogroups.com, sca-hrlds@...,
      sca-pennsic-heralds@yahoogroups.com

      Unto the heralds, scribes, exchequers and others of the Known World,
      Greetings!

      I've written before to invite folks to spend time at Pennsic's Heralds
      Point. And I restate that invitation now, a month from Pennsic. Please pass
      this note to lists and individuals who might welcome it.

      Not just heralds, which we need, but people able to trace, color with
      markers (inside the lines), carry on reception duties, Exchequer duties to
      accept payment and help keep our financial records in accordance to SCA
      policies, administrative paperwork duties, opening and closing the tents
      each day ... running for ice. There are a myriad of things that need to be
      done.

      This is a great way for anyone to contribute to the Society's largest
      event, meet new people from far and wide and learn about heraldry as
      practiced by the SCA.

      Heralds Point consults with several hundred folks from every kingdom in the
      SCA processing between 550 and 600 submissions.

      Do not feel that you don't know enough. It is one of the best ways to
      learn how to be a research, consulting or book herald in the SCA. We need
      strong heralds to help spread the knowledge and understanding, to assist
      newer heralds with consults.

      The Point needs folks of all levels of experience. You can come spend just
      a bit of time one day or a lot of time every day. How much time you have to
      offer is entirely up to you. ALL help is welcomed.

      If you are interested, please contact the Point Coordinator Dame Juliana de
      Luna at julianadeluna AT comcast DOT net OR myself at Gisela DOT
      vomKreuzbach AT gmail DOT com OR join the Yahoo list at
      http://groups.yahoo.com/group/sca-pennsic-heralds/ OR join the Point's
      Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/groups/345989068847405/?fref=ts

      If you have any questions, feel free to ping me.

      Be well and travel safely!

      ~gise
      Deputy Point Coordinator

      Qui s'y frotte s'y pique.