Call for musicians for Bhakail Investiture

  • Martyn de Halliwell
    Message 1 of 1 , May 29, 2013
      Greetings fellow SCAdians!

      I'm organizing the music for Bhakail Investiture coming up on Saturday,
      June 29th. I am currently seeking additional musicians, especially any
      brass players, to come play music with us at the event.

      I'll be meeting with brass players before the event at a convenient time
      and location for those interested.

      I'm also looking for anyone interested in singing. We'll be doing at least
      a re-worded version of Gaudete and a re-worded version of Pastime With Good
      Company, both are simple tunes, with easy parts (so people can sing
      along!), so no experience necessary!

      For singers, I'll be running rehearsals on Tuesdays at the Canton Social,
      and can meet other times during the week if Tuesdays don't work for you.

      Singers... not coming to Bhakail before Investiture? I can e-mail you
      copies of the music, and even RECORDINGS of your part!!! That way you can
      join in the day of.

      In addition to some music for court, there will be time in the afternoon
      where in the sanctuary different musicians will have the opportunity to
      perform, whether solo or in groups.

      If you are interested in this, even just a tiny bit, send me an e-mail
      off-list at:

      martyn.de.halliwell@...

      I look forward to seeing many of you at Bhakail Investiture! (Don't forget
      pre-reg closes June 15th)

      My best to you all,
      Martyn

      --
      Lord Martyn de Halliwell, COT
      *Per pale argent and azure, a hedgehog statant between three crosses