Re: A&S event

  • Mary Osmanski
    Message 1 of 35 , Dec 31, 1969
      At 09:39 AM 3/1/99 -0500, you wrote:

      >Later on in the day, someone mentioned the idea of doing an event without
      >a single "sit down" feast but instead having an "all day feast".
      >Basically, have a buffet style dayboard, where roughly every hour or so
      >new dishes are put out (ie noon: a bread and cheese spread, 1pm soup or
      >stew, 2pm some kind of pie, 3pm some vegetable dishes, etc).

      The "all day feast" method was used at Silver Rylle's 12th Night event this
      year. If you want one of the cooks how it went, you might try asking Lord
      Angus Campbell [AngusArgyl@...]. I believe his wife is subscribed to
      this list, so he may see this comment and chime in anyway.

      >Anyhow, on a different note, people mentioned holding the A&S event in
      >September, but I was thinking that maybe late October or November might be
      >a better time for it. One, it would get us past the season for the last
      >few camping events....

      Is there a particular reason why you think this A&S event shouldn't be a
      camping one? I don't know how non-school sites are in NJ, but out here on
      the fringes of the kingdom/region, our non-school sites are nearly all
      church or scout camps, and the ones that have winter-capable cabins charge
      very high fees.

      Mary of Montevale
    • Bronwynmgn@xxx.xxx
      Message 35 of 35 , Mar 2 2:39 PM
        In a message dated 3/1/99 5:34:08 PM Eastern Standard Time, osmanskm@...
        writes:

        << The "all day feast" method was used at Silver Rylle's 12th Night event this
        year. If you want one of the cooks how it went, you might try asking Lord
        Angus Campbell [AngusArgyl@...]. I believe his wife is subscribed to
        this list, so he may see this comment and chime in anyway. >>

        Angus usually doesn't pick up on the list, especially not in the middle of a
        college semester :-) Ours wasn't quite the same as what Kael is suggesting;
        we had the same head and assistant cooks throughout the day (who much
        appreciated only having to get two dishes out every hour or so instead of 10
        dishes in an hour and a half...), whereas I understood Kael to suggest several
        teams of cooks, each working for a certain period and then trading off to the
        next set. I think my big concern with that would be locating all the
        equipment when I took over for my shift - what's in the wash, what's been put
        away, what's been put away in the wrong place, what got put down where and
        forgotten about, etc.

        Brangwayna Morgan