OT: Martyn's Senior Recital Tomorrow

  • Martyn de Halliwell
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 2 6:40 AM
      Hello everyone,

      My apologies for the off-topic post, but many people over the last few
      months have asked for this information, and I don't want to miss getting it
      to anyone.

      As many of you know, I'll be graduating this summer from The University of
      the Arts here in Philadelphia with a degree in Vocal Performance. As part
      of that, I'm required to put on a senior recital with ~45 minutes of music.
      Mine is tomorrow (Wednesday, 4/3) night, at 8PM. If you're unable to
      attend in person, there is an online livestream with information listed
      below.

      The location of the Rectial is 211 S. Broad Street (Broad & Walnut),
      Philadelphia, PA on the 17th Floor in the Caplan Recital Hall. The doors
      for my rectial don't open until just before; there's a trombone recital
      going on from 7-7:50. You'll see some posters and signs, and eventually
      programs with my name on them, it is T.J. DeLuca.

      There are no tickets, and the event is absolutely free and open to anyone
      who would like to come. So feel free to pass on the above information, or
      the link below to anyone you feel might be interested.

      The livestream is available at www.livestream.com/caplantheatre again,
      starting at 8PM. The livestream, if its titled will be under my mundane
      name - T.J. DeLuca

      I'll be performing a 13th cen. piece, Bold Lord Robert - my final round
      entry for K&Q Bardic, a Händel cantata for tenor and strings (complete with
      a real string quartet!), two operatic arias, a gorgeous song by
      Rachmaninoff, and topping it off with two of my favorite jazz standards.
      Hopefully it will be quite an enjoyable range of music for all who attend
      in person and virtually.

      Thank you to everyone in the SCA for your support and encouragement over
      the last few years. It has helped inspire me and shape me as a musician.

      Looking forward to providing everyone with some mid-week entertainment, and
      seeing many of you at Coronation this weekend.

      All my best,
      Martyn

      --
      Lord Martyn de Halliwell, COT
      *Per pale argent and azure, a hedgehog statant between three crosses