New Youth & Family Track at Pennsic University

  • Martyn de Halliwell
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 19, 2013
      [Originally sent to the Society Youth Officer Forum]

      Greetings (again) to all who receive these words!

      There will be something new this year at Pennsic University, it will be a
      specific track of classes for Youth & Family.

      I would ask that you all take a moment to pass this message on to any of
      your Kingdom, Province, Barony, Shire, Household, or other
      SCA-interest-based list. Even if you aren't planning to be at Pennsic this
      year, you may reach someone who is, that I might not otherwise be able to
      reach.

      The Youth & Family Track classes can be on a variety of topics, but they
      are typically designed either to incorporate an Adult+Child(ren) activity
      (e.g. - "Me & My Shadow Belly Dance Class") or be about
      youth-related/themed activities in the SCA (e.g. - "Youth Archery in the
      SCA, how to get started"). These classes are for being taught in Pennsic
      University Tents, and are scheduled through Pennsic University.

      The general site for Pennsic University is
      http://www.PennsicUniversity.org<http://www.pennsicuniversity.org/>

      The registration site is http://thing.pennsicuniversity.org/

      In addition to these class offerings, classes specifically designed for
      Youth must be scheduled via and held at Youth Point. To register these
      classes, please e-mail me and my staff at Pennsic.Youth@...

      *The deadline for all class registrations, is Monday, April 15th so please
      do not wait to go sign up for a class.*

      Several people requested this as a specific track for classes, however, so
      far we've only received two class registrations. With the registration
      deadline fast approaching, I would like to encourage anyone who is
      interested in teaching, hosting an activity or roundtable, to please
      register on the P. U. website and submit their classes.

      If there is a class you're interested in possibly teaching, but aren't sure
      where it might fit in, please e-mail me as soon as possible at
      Pennsic.Youth@...

      My thanks to you all for your time and participation in Youth Activities
      throughout the Society!

      My best to you all,
      Martyn

      --
      Lord Martyn de Halliwell, COT
      *Per pale argent and azure, a hedgehog statant between three crosses