Regarding concerns in Bhakail

  • Sabine
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 25, 2012
      Bonjour mes amis!

      Let me beg your indulgence and forgiveness in advance, please... it seems necessary for me to address a difficult subject.

      In May, there was an interpersonal incident in Bhakail between two members of our barony. Darmon and I, along with our current baronial seneschal and the peers of both individuals, were very concerned about the events that took place and spent a great deal of time and energy trying to make sure that everyone felt heard and supported in resolving the situation. The two gentles involved have apologized to each other and agreed to move forward amicably.

      Sadly, since then I've been hearing extremely distressing rumors along the lines that the entire Bhakaili bardic community has behaved badly or been hostile towards new performers. I'm deeply upset by this on many levels, particularly because I'm not aware of any issues that would generate the kind of comments I've been hearing lately and because no group or community at all, either in the Barony or beyond it, was involved in the original incident.

      If you know of any problems or have experienced any issues with anyone from Bhakail -- bardically connected or not! -- I would be very grateful if you could communicate directly with me *off-list* so that we can address them. Please, bring any concerns to me and I will do my absolute best to help resolve them.

      With many thanks,
      Sabine, Baronne de Bhakail

      "Do what only you can do best: make good art." - Neil Gaiman