Re: period research

  • Adam
    Message 1 of 8 , Nov 5, 2011
      Garb, food and drink, politics for now

    • galefridus@optimum.net
      Message 2 of 8 , Nov 7, 2011
        Let me put a bit of time into poking around a bit -- I'll try to get back to you before the end of the week.

        -- Galefridus

        > > What kind of information are you looking for?  Basic cultural
        > data ("this is how folks lived in 15th c. Wallachia")?
        >  Clothing?  Food and drink?  House furnishings?  All of these
        > have there own sources.  Even if you're in an "I want to know
        > everything!" mode, it will be a lot easier to select something
        > that you find most interesting and go after that first.
        > >
        > > -- Galefridus

      • Elaine
        Message 3 of 8 , Nov 10, 2011
          Actually, I used this request as a starting point for my Research 101 class at last week's Ostgardr Schola, and I have all kinds of print-outs for you. I would prefer to meet you in person, and go over them with you (so you know how to do follow-up research yourself). Are you by any chance attending tomorrow's Ostgardr Commons Meeting, or next week's Musician's Day event? Please let me know.

          Alternately, I could send them to you via snail mail, if you want to send me your address. Just let me know how you would like to proceed.

          Regards,

          Lady Melanie de la Tour
          Seneschal of Whyt Whey and
          Perpetual graduate student

          --- In EKSouth@yahoogroups.com, galefridus@... wrote:

          > Let me put a bit of time into poking around a bit -- I'll try to get back to you before the end of the week.
          >
          > -- Galefridus

        • Erlan
          Message 4 of 8 , Nov 11, 2011
            Dankwert - where in NY did you move to?
            I did some research a few years back on Vlad the Impaier, aka Vlad, because I did a musical piece called Music and the Court of Vlad the Impalier. I'd have to dig up sources but I can forward them to you. Also, there is a man who lives in Orange County who can trace his ancestrage back to Vlad Tepes and has done some research. I can put you in touch with him.
            Good luck
            Erlan (Rockland County, NY)