Blackfox Award Nominations -- Two New Categories

  • K White
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 29, 2011
      Greetings to all,

      The Society Chronicler has just expanded the William Blackfox Awards
      to include two new categories for the previous A.S. year: Best Artwork
      in a Kingdom Newsletter and Best Article in a Kingdom Newsletter.

      For the first time (as far as I know) submissions in kingdom
      newsletters are eligible for these awards. The artists who submitted
      work for Pikestaff during A.S. XLV are all talented gentles and they
      have made this a tough choice—for which I’m very thankful.

      I’m pleased to announce these five artists as artwork nominees in this category:

      Pikestaff, Aug 2010, Cover Art by Katarzyna “Varju” Gwozdz
      Pikestaff, Oct 2010, Cover Art by Chrestienne la pescheresse
      Pikestaff, Dec 2010, Cover Art by Isabel Chamberlaine
      Pikestaff, Jan 2010, Cover Art by Svea the Shortsighted
      Pikestaff, Apr 2010, Cover Art by Daryl of Avalon

      I have no article nominations for this year.

      This notice will also appear in the August or September Pikestaff.
      Please feel free to redistribute this message where appropriate.

      Congratulations to the (last batch of) nominees!

      Yours,
      Katerine
      EK Chronicler

      -=-What are the Blackfox Awards? -=-
      To honor the memory of the late Master William Blackfox (an author and
      cartoonist who gave generously of his talents), the Office of Society
      Chronicler sponsors the annual William Blackfox awards to recognize
      the best in the work of local chroniclers and contributors. The
      Society Chronicler selects the year’s winners from the nominations of
      each Kingdom Chronicler. All nominees will be listed in the
      Tournaments Illuminated article and posted on the SCA website under
      A.S. XLV – which is perpetual. More information on the awards can be
      found at http://www.sca.org/officers/chronicler/blackfox-awards.html.