August 2011 Pikestaff Deadline Reminder

  • K White
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 20, 2011
      Good evening,

      We are coming up on content deadlines for the August 2011 Pikestaff.

      Many thanks to Lady Damianna de Londres for providing cover art for
      the June – August issues in a Pennsic War-themed series.

      **Officer Reports: To all officers, if you have reports for the August
      issue, please send them to the Pikestaff editor at
      editor@... by June 25th. Also, if you need an extra day
      to complete your letters or event announcements, please let the editor
      know as soon as possible. This allows her to leave enough space.

      **Event Announcements: To all autocrats and stewards with events
      occurring in August or Sept 2011, please take a moment to check your
      events and make sure they are complete. For this issue, the deadline
      for complete event announcements is June 25th.

      How is an event announcement considered complete? Per Society policy,
      the announcement must contain:
      1. Day and month of the event
      2. When the site opens and closes
      3. The name of the sponsoring group
      4. The location (name, street address, and town) of the site. The
      postal code should be included if available.
      5. The name (both Society and modern) and street address of the autocrat
      6. If there is a fee being charged for the event, the statement "Make
      checks payable to <SCA, Inc. - Group Name>" must be included. The
      non-member surcharge must also be specified in the fee schedule.

      Not all of this information need be made available on the website, but
      it is required for Pikestaff. If you are running a Royal Progress, or
      an event at which baronial awards will be given which would appear in
      the EK Order of Precedence, you must have a complete event
      announcement in the Kingdom newsletter in the month your event is
      being held. This is so SCA business can be accomplished.

      My thanks for your assistance, and please feel at home to contact me
      with questions or contributions.

      Yours,
      Katerine
      Kingdom Chronicler