Riverdale Riverfest - Sunday, June 12.

  • Lilli
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 4, 2011
      Next Sunday, June 12, 2011, the Crown Province of Ostgardr and its Cantons will be participating for the first time in the Riverdale Riverfest on the grounds of the College of Mount St. Vincent in the Bronx. This looks to be a fun demo, and a chance for the SCA to shine in an area we have not had much presence in before.

      I am asking that heavy fighters from all over plan to attend the day - there will be ample chance to take the field to have fun,
      as well as a melee battle at 3 pm we are calling "The Battle for Kingsbridge Heights". See, the Canton of Northpass says it has
      rights to the Bronx, the Province proper says "what?". So we will have a battle to determine the possession of the Bronx (except
      for City Island, which seceded from Northpass long ago - but that's my story! Come ask if you want to know!)

      The festival opens for off-loading at around 9 am, with final 'go park your car' around 11 am. Gates open for the day around 1 pm.
      Details can be found here - http://riverdaleriverfest.org/. Public transit will also get you there, and there is a shuttle from the metro north station in Riverdale that goes to the college as well. If you arrive late, you will be able to park, and then be shuttled from parking to the demo area on Marillac Lawn by the Hudson River. Eilionora inghen ui Ruiarc (Lori Copeland) will have this set up for us. Contact her at lcopeland@... if you think you might be arriving late.

      We will have ongoing fighting, fencing and dancing demos in our field area during the day, as well as displays of our arts and sciences under our Green and White big tent and under various EZ ups. The site has room for about 7-9 EZ ups. The festival's organizers are predicting about 5,000-6,000 participants. It should be a good chance to interest people in the SCA, and do some good community outreach.

      This will be a great day! Come join us!
      Sui Servitas,
      Lady Lilie Dubh inghean ui Mordha
      Chatelaine, Ostgardr