Birka for 2012

  • Vince
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 2, 2011
      HAil to those of the List and the Gentry whom may have informatin and forsight as to the event know as Birka.

      The web site sows the event dates as starting on Jan 27th 2012 - I know many will think this is too far off in the distance to worry about now, but the hotel rooms reserve out early and I am behind in my time when I would have my block of rooms reserved as it is.

      THe rub comes form that
      - trying to reserve the rooms I was quoted 500$ PER NIGHT

      After trying several different means and methods of making reservation with the same result - I called the Raddison in Manchester and was told that the rooms are that price because that is the week for the primaries in New Hampshier - and the hotel was already booked up....

      Immagine that

      The desk manager said that under the contract that they would be moving Birka but said I would have to speak with someone in sales if I wanted that information - and I get the answering machine when I call them - obviously since i have absolutely nothing to do with the event other then looking to go they dont return my calls -

      anyway long story short - any one have an idea where Birka is being moved to?

      If its moving at all?

      At 500$ per night; I wont be going if that is going to be the rates and the event is going to try and compete with all the political stuff on going them.

      Did send out a few e-mails to the "bots" on the Birka page but didnt get a reply as of yet, and figgured I could inquire here as well....

      Aluric
    • Marc
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 3, 2011
        Mitt Romny, Sarah Palin and.....Fully Armed Vikings!!!!
        Add Nervous law enforcement, the tea party and political protestors...

        mmmmmm, good tv coverage!!!!

        I wonder what party the media will think we are representing?

        Mithgiladan