9607RE: [EKSouth] Changes to the Amror Standards

  • James Peck
    May 2, 2010
      The same sort of pressure could have been used on fighters and sometimes is.
      Had it been applied consistently, it is unlikely the SEM would have decided
      steps were needed to get compliance with the pre-17th century appearance
      clause.

      As far as mockery, ask the fighters. I've resorted to it plenty of times
      when nothing else has worked. After all, I wrote the original SCA Thing (to
      the tune of wild thing) around 1987 or so, partly to effect social change by
      making people who wore welcome mats (that still said 'welcome') as armour &
      other abominations, realize how idiotic that looked, even if it was amusing.
      I only stopped singing it when Earl Shannon threatened me with bodily harm.
      At the time not singing, at least not in front of Shannon, seemed the
      smarter choice :-)

      Richard Blackmoore

      _____