9600Re: [EKSouth] Changes to the Amror Standards

  • Bob Davis
    May 2, 2010
      Bob Davis wrote:

      >>I agree that it is no longer 1968, 1998 or even 2008. But, that does
      >>not mean we give up the ideas that are at the heart of our Society
      >>and Kingdom. Some truths, even unwritten truths transcend time.
      >>Perhaps that is why were are anachronists to begin with and try to
      >>preserve the best ideas from times long ago. I don't think my
      >>understanding or definition of what our society should be are no
      >>longer applicable as you suggested.
      >

      > What ideas are these, then? Perhaps I'm too new (I've only been in the
      > East for 12 years, and in the SCA for 15), but I can't seem to find them.

      I forgot to expand upon this before clicking "Send".

      I'm seriously asking. It seems that every time a discussion comes up
      that involves increasing accountability for material culture someone
      pipes up with this argument.

      And yet I've never seen a codified answer. I've never even seen two
      people - who are arguing on the same side - coincide with what they
      consider those "truths" and "ideas" to be.

      Somebody help me out, here. What exactly are these truths? Why aren't
      they codified, or at least more readily available?

      Sincerely,

      Fairfax
    • Show all 29 messages in this topic