7515Convivencia II

  • Kayeadair@aol.com
    Jun 1, 2006
      Greetings:

      In your planning for the summer and Pennsic don't forget about Convivencia II on Labor day weekend, two weeks after Pennsic. It is going to be a great weekend! With a period Spanish tournament, a medieval "baseball" game. a gaming tavern, dancing, a Spanish fashion show, a bardic telling of el Cid and much more.

      Mistress Jadwiga (who did the feast for Convivencia I) will be doing Saturday's feast. Sunday will have a light dinner and a Spanish fashion show. There will be a lunch tavern both days with game tables where you can eat and play at your leisure. (we will be teaching the games for those who do not know how to play)

      The Tournament will be held below the "gallery", so bring your heraldry to add to the pageantry of the day.

      I am issuing an A&S Spanish challenge; make and document something Spanish. Include documentation showing the Spanish origins, your materials and method. There will be prizes for the best. Categories to be determined later.

      I also need teachers, if you have something Spanish (or related to Spain) to teach, please let me know ASAP and I will put you on the schedule. I will be teaching 13th century Christian clothing and how to build the Spanish pleated toca (hat).

      If you are sick of camping after Pennsic, there is cabin space; just bring your own padding (most beds don't have a mattress; it is a rustic boy scout camp after all) and bedding and don't worry about the tent.

      If you are inclined, we will have a special camping area for those who wish to avoid obviously visible modern things. Bring your pavilion and leave the modern world behind.

      If you have any questions please contact me.

      Isabel Ximenez de Gaucin