      HREF="http://hometown.aol.com/as35eku/courses.html">
      http://hometown.aol.com/as35eku/courses.html</A>

      Fall East Kingdom University
      Sat, Oct 21, 2000
      Hosted by Crown Province of Ostgardr - Greater NYC

      *The Crown Province of Ostgardr wishes to invite all to join us for a Fall
      East Kingdom University to be held at The Melrose School, 120 Federal Hill
      Road in Brewster, NY, 10509 on Saturday, October 21, 2000 from 9am until
      6pm.
      The event stewards, Master Sean DeLondres (John Cnapich):  “event info”
      (718-762-4645 /6-10pm) and Lady Andrea MacIntyre (Denise Wolff):  “site info”
      (914-526-3614 or seneschal@...) are available for any questions, or
      you can send us an email at as35eku@...
      You may go to our web page at:  hometown.aol.com/as35eku (Do not use www) for
      class lists, merchant information, and any updates.
      Those wishing to teach a class may contact the SR deputy to the Chancellor of
      EKU, Lady Jacqueline Loisel (Jackie Kapaj) at (kapaj@... or
      718-994-2020), with a synopsis of the class to be taught and the times they
      are available to teach them.  Classes are filling up as we speak, so please
      hurry if you wish to teach!
      It is our pleasure to offer to the populace, all-day intensive classes
      available in fiber arts and brewing (and others), as well as individual
      hourly classes in many areas.  There will also be a separate Children's track
      of classes for those 8 and above, which will include puppetry, gaming,
      heraldry, and cooking.
      For those under 8, we also have things planned.  There will be a children's
      room complete with playground and crafts geared to the smaller of our group
      hosted by Lady Abigail of Lorraine (Gail Hofer), but a parent or guardian
      must accompany their child at all times while partaking of these activities.
      The cost of this event will be $8 (for those 12 and up), $4 (5-12) and babes
      in arms free.  Checks should be made out to SCA-Crown Province of Ostgardr
      and sent to the toll taker (troll):  Lord Renier VerPlanck (Rick Wolff), 6
      West Avenue, Putnam Valley, NY 10579.
      A magnificent lunch board will be provided for all members by Countess Brekke
      (Carol Smith) and her wondrous crew and is included in your site fee!
      You may bring your own wine, beer, or mead, but we encourage you do so
      responsibly, and within SCA guidelines.  (Please take home your empties.)
      Merchants will be graciously welcomed as well.  Please contact site steward
      for further details about our merchant policy .
      Our site is partially Handicapped accessible.  It has a step into the school,
      and small bathrooms, but once inside there are no other steps.  Please call
      site steward for parking reservations and further details.
      Please maintain a speed of 25 or below so that we may keep our attendants
      safe and their neighbors happy!  There will be parking assistants who will
      show you which one of four lots you will park in.  Those who arrive early
      will be parked in proper spaces which are close to the school, those who
      arrive later will be parked in a field below the school and will have a short
      walk uphill to the site.  Please plan accordingly.
      Directions:  From all points West(NY, NJ, PA):  Find your best way to Route
      84.  Follow it to the Newburgh Beacon Bridge ($1toll and EZPASS).  Cross over
      bridge and continue east until Exit 20N (Brewster/Pawling:  about 28 miles
      from bridge).  Turn at this exit.  Go to further information below at*
      From the East (CT, New England):  Find your best way to Route 84.  Follow it
      west through Danbury and to NY.  You will exit on the right at EXIT 20 (2nd
      exit in NY) which says White Plains/Pawling (about 6 miles from Danbury Fair
      Mall).  While exiting, follow the right split to Route 22 Pawling.  Go to
      further information below at*
      From NYC and points South:  Find your best way to the Hutchinson River
      Parkway.  It will become Route 684 near White Plains.  You must use left
      lanes to follow 684.  Continue about 40 miles until you see what appears to
      be the last exits (Route 84).  DO NOT EXIT!  Bear to the left and continue on
      as it becomes Route 22, Pawling.  Go to further information below at *
      FOR ALL:  *Follow signs that say “Rt.  22, Pawling.” The road will wind down
      from three lanes of highway to one single lane.  After passing several motels
      and restaurants (2 miles), you will make a right turn at Milltown Road.
      There is a Dills Best Building Center and Millbrooke Office complex on the
      right corner.  You will also see a sign that says New Fairfield -8 miles;
      this is your turn.  Follow Milltown Road through a small cemetery and over a
      small bridge to a slight fork in the road (.3 miles) marked by a sign that
      says “Historic Milltown.” Take the right fork onto Federal Hill Road (The
      left fork is more of Milltown Road), and continue approximately 2 miles to
      the Melrose School on the right hand side.

    • Show all 7 messages in this topic