10849Ghosts Ghouls and Goblins, Oct 31 - Nov 2

  • Marc
    Aug 22, 2014
      A mailing list for the SCA (Society for Creative Anachronism, Inc.) for discussion of issues related to the Southern Region in

      Ghosts Ghouls and Goblins                                              http://eastkingdom.org/EventDetails.html?eid=2601
      Event date:  October 31th, 2014 - November 2nd, 2014
      Hosted by Barony of Carillion - Manalapan, NJ

      Event details
      Greetings unto the People of the East Kingdom as well as our nearby cousins in Atlantia.  Again, the Barony of Carillion calls forth for those who would be Champions!  As we present Ghost, Ghouls and Goblins, this event will host the Barony's Championship competitions for those who would stand for Our Baroness in matters of Archery, Fencing, Thrown Weapons, Fighting, A&S, and Bardic.

      Archery - Master Rupert the Unbalanced is maniacally devising a new novelty shoot to challenge every Archer who dares it on a new and easier to manage shooting trail.  So come try yourself againt this new challenge or even ealk the shoot to enjoy the artistry of the targets, especially the night shoot!  This activity will begin early in the event(start time to be updated soon).  This shoot is usually several hours, it is recommended to come early to ensure enough time.

      There will be a night woods walk shoot which will begin 30 minutes after feast, weather permitting, this is even better then shooting pumpkins in the dark!!  Night shoot will take about an hour to complete.  Protect the Barony from things that lurk in the darkness!

      A&S - A&S champions competition.  Come show your work at our Arts and Science display.  You can enter the competition to become the next Baronial Champion.  Documentation is nice, but not required.  Good Luck.  Judging will be completed by by 3:30 all submissions must be in by noon.  The theme for the A&S champion will be updated soon.  The theme for the Autocrat's challenge is Webs of SCA Wonder, so imagine how you can use a craft to tie together your favorite SCA things.  And there will also be a people's choice competition.

      Bards - Come raise the spirits in song, tale or musical composition as we celebrate the harvest and the gathering of warmth as friends to fend off the coming winter's chill.  Sing or play, and lure the spirits to join us as we feast into the night!  The challenge laid down by our current champion, Lord Mithgiladan the Herald, is for an song or poem which draws on the friendship and cameraderie of our SCA family.  Other details on the Bardic Championship Competition are TBA.

      Fencing - Rapier Champion tourney:  details TBA

      Fighting - Raise those weapons protect the Barony of Carillion against the scary beasts of the night and fight for the honor of Carillion!
      Rattan Champion Tourney:  TBA

      Thrown Weapons - Thrown weapons champion details TBA

      Youth activities TBA

      Baronial Court will start in the afternoon, before our feast

      Cabin rentals are communal and please bring your own bedding.  Driving to the cabins or camping area is not permitted.  Wheel barrows are provided to move your belongings from the parking which is about 100yds away.

      Fires permitted in firepits only.

      Light breakfast will be available for purchase Saturday and Sunday for a small fee.

      We shall soon announce who will be cooking our feast.  If you have any dietary concerns please email commander.truestar@...

      Only service animals are permitted on site.

      Site Opens:  6PM, 31 October 2014
      Site Closes:  Noon, 2 nov 2014

      Event Location
      Quail Hill Scout Reservation