      From: Scherrie <sallena20@...>
      Date: April 21, 2014 at 2:26:35 PM EDT
      To: "bhakail-list@yahoogroups.com" <bhakail-list@yahoogroups.com>
      Subject: Artisan row

      Please repost on other lists:

      Pennsic Artisans' Row

      Artisans make things or provide services, and at Pennsic, Artisans' Row promotes a wide variety of Arts and Sciences. Whether you are an experienced Artisan, a Novice excited about a new activity, or would just like to see what a craft is all about, there is a place for you at Artisans' Row.

      The format of Artisans' Row is day-long continuous demonstration and display, with hands-on participation, sharing of ideas, and joyful camaraderie.

      Topics demonstrated in past years have included: Arrow making, Beeswax Candles, Book Arts, Cheesemaking, Embroidery, Fiber Arts, Glass Beadmaking, Lacemaking, Leatherworking, Medieval Animals, Music, Narrow Needle Arts, Paternosters, Period Pigments, Poetry, Pretzel Making, Scientific Instruments, and Zil playing. This year, one of the activities planned is a Circa-1200 Day.

      Students

      Times and Location

      Artisans' Row is in a new location! Our three tents are in TumbleHome Square on Chandler's Road between St. Lawrence Way and Dragon Trace, next to the new Great Hall and across from the European Dance Tent. (see map)

      Artisans' Row will be open Tuesday, July 29th through Thursday, August 7th, from 9:00 am to 5:00 pm.

      There will be so much to see and do! Stop by for fifteen minutes, an hour, or stay all day. It's up to you.

      Teachers / Mentors

      Registering/Sponsoring a Topic

      Share your experiences and skills. If you enjoy demonstrating what you do and would like to share it with others, please propose a topic and email us.

      Topics that are accepted and scheduled by May 1st will appear in the Pennsic on-site book.

      We will continue to receive topic proposals until June 15th or until all the tent spaces are filled.

      We particularly encourage artisans who have already established groups to register early to accommodate your requests for particular days. If you are not part of a group or do not feel confident presenting alone, we hope to put you in touch with others interested in the same topic to coordinate activities.

      Contacts

      Dean of Artisans Row

      Lady Gisela Szabó
      email pennsic.artsrow@...

      Deputy

      Mistress Scheherazade Al-Zahira

      Pennsic War is an annual event between the East and Middle Kingdoms of the Society for Creative Anachronism, Inc., and takes place within the Kingdom of Æthelmearc at Coopers' Lake Campground. Webhosting services are generously donated by Panix.com (Public Access Networks Corporation). The Pennsic War event staff thank Panix for their continued support of the SCA and the Pennsic War.

      This is the recognized web site for the Pennsic War of the Society for Creative Anachronism, Inc. Pennsicwar.org was designed by and is maintained by Mistress Jessa d'Avondale (Marla Lecin). This site may contain electronic versions of the group's governing documents. Any discrepancies between the electronic version of any information on this site and the printed version that is available from the originating office will be decided in favor of the printed version. For information on using photographs, articles, or artwork from this web site, please contact the Webminister, who will assist you in contacting the original creator of the piece. Please respect the legal rights of our contributors. Copyright ©2014 Pennsic War. The original contributors retain the copyright of certain portions of this site.

      The photo on this page is used by permission of Thorolfr inn smithr. Most of the illuminations used on this site are from the Manesse Codex.

      Sent from my iPad