10022Re: [EKSouth] Mac Frank Cooper

  • Ld. Aleksandr
    Apr 2, 2011
      On 4/1/2011 11:16 AM, Tonessa West Crowe wrote:
      > Hello All,
      >
      > It is with sad news that I just heard from the Cooper family of Cooper's
      > Lake that Mac Frank Cooper past away this morning after a long illness. He
      > was 88. Pennsic will not be the same this year without him.

      Mac was a wonderful man, both in the way he and his family treated us,
      giving up a couple of months of his life every year to bring Pennsic to
      life, and more importantly, in his interest in reassembling as much of
      the original Cooper family land grant in an area that, in the past 20
      years, has gone from "the middle of nowhere" to Suburbia, complete with
      lights obscuring the once wonderful view of the galaxy for first
      arrivers and placing a giant MacDonald's sign visible from Runestone Hill.

      I wish the family whatever comfort they can find at this time of sorrow,
      and that the family continues his devotion to the land he lets us play on.

      david/Ld. Aleksandr
    • Show all 2 messages in this topic