Version 1.6.0 of the "Ellis Island Database Name Permutation" program is now available

  • Edward Rosenbaum
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 12, 2001
      I am pleased to announce that version 1.6.0 of the "Ellis Island Database Name Permutation" program is now available. This latest release includes the following...

      -The ability to search by ethnicity. A list of all the ethnicities in the Ellis Island Database is shown, and you simply check off those that you want.

      -An improved ability to search by ship name. A list of ship names in the Ellis Island Database is shown, and you simply select the ship that you want

      -The ability to search by as little as one letter of the surname

      -The ability to specify that you want to see records that exactly match your surname, start with certain letters, or both.

      -A cleaner display, making the program easier to use.

      -The ability to edit the ethnicities, and remove those that you never plan to need. This makes it easier to find those ethnicities that you are interested in.

      -The ability to edit the ship names, and remove those that you never plan to need. This makes it easier to find those ships that you are interested in.

      To download your update, simply go to http://erosenbaum.netfirms.com/eidb.shtml#Upgrade and follow the on-screen instructions.

      -Edward Rosenbaum
    • clifton
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 12, 2001
        Thanks Ed,

        But I'm still waiting for the Mac version.

        Cherie Lifton

        http://personal.mail.yahoo.com/