5Re: [EIDB_permutations] Verion 1.2 of the EIDB Name Permutations is now available

  • Cherie lifton
    May 5, 2001
      On many occasions I have attempted Eidb permutation
      and was told it "does not exist on this server".

      Cherie Lifton email: clifton 208@...

      --- Edward Rosenbaum <erosenbaum@...> wrote:
      > I am pleased to announce that version 1.2.0 of the
      > Ellis Island Name Permutation program is now
      > available
      > at http://members.bellatlantic.net/~elr228/eidb.htm.
      >
      > This newest version will allow you to see alternate
      > spellings of your immigrants name by the American
      > soundex code, and by the Daitch-Mokotoff soundex
      > code.
      >

      > So now you can see...
      >
      > 1. Alternate spellings based upon confusing letters
      > like "i", which could have been entered into the
      > database as an "l", a "j", or maybe even a "y".
      >
      > 2. Alternate spellings based upon the American
      > soundex
      > system.
      >
      > 3. Alternate spellings based upon the
      > Daitch-Mokotoff
      > soundex system.
      >
      > Full instructions for installing and upgrading your
      > program are on the website.
      >
      > SIncerely,
      >
      > -Edward Rosenbaum

      > Yahoo! Auctions - buy the things you want at great
      > prices
      > http://auctions.yahoo.com/

      http://auctions.yahoo.com/
    • Show all 6 messages in this topic