EDBAG: The next campaign?

  • dwcoltman
    Message 1 of 19 , Nov 2, 2011
      Hi guys, is anybody ready and willing to start our next campaign next week? I have the following armies available in 1/72 as loaners:

      Classical Indian
      Mountain Indian
      Later Hoplite Greeks: Athens or Other
      Later Hoplite Greeks: Sparta
      Later Carthaginians

      If so, we could play it using the same map and format as last time, or perhaps we could have open gaming again and talk about the format if there are some new ideas. Let me know.

      Dave
    • dennisarsenaloneill
      Message 2 of 19 , Nov 2, 2011
        I am just about to complete a Later Hopolite Greek army also as a 20mm/1/72 scale. I guess we can discuss a campaign.

        Dennis

        --- In EDBAG@yahoogroups.com, "dwcoltman" <dwcoltman@...> wrote:

        > Hi guys, is anybody ready and willing to start our next campaign next week? I have the following armies available in 1/72 as loaners:
        >
        > Classical Indian
        > Mountain Indian
        > Later Hoplite Greeks: Athens or Other
        > Later Hoplite Greeks: Sparta
        > Later Carthaginians
        >
        > If so, we could play it using the same map and format as last time, or perhaps we could have open gaming again and talk about the format if there are some new ideas. Let me know.
        >
        > Dave

      • Mark Wall
        Message 3 of 19 , Nov 2, 2011

          Dave,

          Let’s do one more open gaming in 1/72 and set a definite date to start next month. I’d like to try out my Hebrews before jumping into a campaign with them.

          What is everyone planning to use? Could everyone sound off, so Dave doesn’t have to bring all these armies every time?

          Mark – Hebrews or Egyptians

          Dave –

          Terry –

          Jonathan –

          Dennis –

          Chen –

          Bruce? –

          Bob? –

          Anyone else?

          Mark

          Hi guys, is anybody ready and willing to start our next campaign next week? I have the following armies available in 1/72 as loaners:

          Classical Indian
          Mountain Indian
          Later Hoplite Greeks: Athens or Other
          Later Hoplite Greeks: Sparta
          Later Carthaginians

          If so, we could play it using the same map and format as last time, or perhaps we could have open gaming again and talk about the format if there are some new ideas. Let me know.

          Dave

          No virus found in this message.

        • Chen-song Qin

              Message 6 of 19 , Nov 3, 2011
                I will have a go with the Classical Indian if thats cool with Dave. Of note though is that I won't be available for the December meeting as I am on call that week. So the Indians can start classically late

                Terry

                --- In EDBAG@yahoogroups.com, "Mark Wall" <mark@...> wrote:

                > Dave,
                >

                > Let's do one more open gaming in 1/72 and set a definite date to start next
                > month. I'd like to try out my Hebrews before jumping into a campaign with
                > them.
                >

                > What is everyone planning to use? Could everyone sound off, so Dave doesn't
                > have to bring all these armies every time?
                >

                > Mark - Hebrews or Egyptians
                >
                > Dave -
                >
                > Terry -
                >
                > Jonathan -
                >
                > Dennis -
                >
                > Chen -
                >
                > Bruce? -
                >
                > Bob? -
                >
                > Anyone else?
                >

                > Mark

              • Dave Coltman
                Message 7 of 19 , Nov 7, 2011
                  No problem Terry.

                  Does anybody else need or want to play a loaner?

                  Message 8 of 19 , Nov 8, 2011
                    Dave, as it stands now Barry is planning on coming out tonight so will need a loaner army. No idea what he would want to play so if your able to bring an extra 1 or 2 for him to try it would be appreciated.

                    Thanks & cya all this eve

                    Terry

                    Message 9 of 19 , Nov 8, 2011
                      Oh good, I'll bring a couple.
                      On Tue, Nov 8, 2011 at 7:04 AM, Terry Silverthorn <tsilverthorn@...> wrote:

                      Dave, as it stands now Barry is planning on coming out tonight so will need a loaner army. No idea what he would want to play so if your able to bring an extra 1 or 2 for him to try it would be appreciated.

                      Thanks & cya all this eve

                      Terry

                      --- In EDBAG@yahoogroups.com, Dave Coltman <dwcoltman@...> wrote:

                      > No problem Terry.
                      >
                      > Does anybody else need or want to play a loaner?
                      > On Thu, Nov 3, 2011 at 5:12 PM, Terry Silverthorn
                      > <tsilverthorn@...>wrote:
                      >
                      > > **
                      > >

                      > > I will have a go with the Classical Indian if thats cool with Dave. Of
                      > > note though is that I won't be available for the December meeting as I am
                      > > on call that week. So the Indians can start classically late
                      > >
                      > > Terry
                      > >

                      > > --- In EDBAG@yahoogroups.com, "Mark Wall" <mark@> wrote:
                      > > >
                      > > > Dave,
                      > > >

                      > > > Let's do one more open gaming in 1/72 and set a definite date to start
                      > > next
                      > > > month. I'd like to try out my Hebrews before jumping into a campaign with
                      > > > them.
                      > > >

                      > > > What is everyone planning to use? Could everyone sound off, so Dave
                      > > doesn't
                      > > > have to bring all these armies every time?
                      > > >

                      > > > Mark - Hebrews or Egyptians
                      > > >
                      > > > Dave -
                      > > >
                      > > > Terry -
                      > > >
                      > > > Jonathan -
                      > > >
                      > > > Dennis -
                      > > >
                      > > > Chen -
                      > > >
                      > > > Bruce? -
                      > > >
                      > > > Bob? -
                      > > >
                      > > > Anyone else?
                      > > >

                      > > > Mark

                    • j_ormandy
                      Message 10 of 19 , Nov 8, 2011
                        Sorry I could not make EDBAG again this evening. Hopefully there were 6 of you to keep everyone gaming. Due to expected work schedule I think I have to withdraw from the Campaign.

                        Jonathan

                      • Dave Coltman
                        Message 11 of 19 , Nov 8, 2011
                          I think we are now looking at January to start anyway if that makes a difference, we had 6 guys out tonight and the open gaming was good.

                        • Mark Wall
                          Message 12 of 19 , Nov 9, 2011

                            Last night we have 6 guys out and Dave brought out some loaner armies for Barry and Terry. It was great to see Barry out, after such a long hiatus. I am missing the results for Terry and Dave’s game, but I sat down with Dennis and Chen after it was over to capture the rest. Dave or Terry, maybe you can add any other games you had.

                            II/37 Parthians over I/34c Later Hebrews: 1G-0

                            II/37 Parthians over I/34c Later Hebrews: 4-2

                            II/37 Parthians over I/34c Later Hebrews: 4-2

                            II/15 Imperial Alexander over I/34c Later Hebrews: 4-2

                            II/37 Parthians over II/3 Classical Indians: 4-3

                            II/5d Thessalians over II/5b Athenians: 4-0

                            II/5b Athenians over II/5b Athenians: 4-0

                            Later Hebrews (mine) were slaughtered to a man. What a wretched night for the good guys!

                            Mark

                            Does anybody else need or want to play a loaner?

                            On Thu, Nov 3, 2011 at 5:12 PM, Terry Silverthorn <tsilverthorn@...> wrote:

                            I will have a go with the Classical Indian if thats cool with Dave. Of note though is that I won't be available for the December meeting as I am on call that week. So the Indians can start classically late

                            Terry

                            --- In EDBAG@yahoogroups.com, "Mark Wall" <mark@...> wrote:

                            > Dave,
                            >

                            > Let's do one more open gaming in 1/72 and set a definite date to start next
                            > month. I'd like to try out my Hebrews before jumping into a campaign with
                            > them.
                            >

                            > What is everyone planning to use? Could everyone sound off, so Dave doesn't
                            > have to bring all these armies every time?
                            >

                            > Mark - Hebrews or Egyptians
                            >
                            > Dave -
                            >
                            > Terry -
                            >
                            > Jonathan -
                            >
                            > Dennis -
                            >
                            > Chen -
                            >
                            > Bruce? -
                            >
                            > Bob? -

                            > Anyone else?
                            >

                            > Mark

                              • Mark A.W. Wall
                                Message 15 of 19 , Nov 9, 2011
                                  Chen played well. What can I say?

                                  I lost my general HCh to him in two games in 6-1 split.

                                  ~Mark

                                  Woodrow's War Store

                                    Message 17 of 19 , Nov 9, 2011

                                      Lol. Okay. :0

                                      Message 18 of 19 , Nov 9, 2011

                                        But that’s the best strategy for playing DBA. J

                                        Message 19 of 19 , Nov 10, 2011
                                          Hmmm.... can I bring my "sixer" dice to MayDay???   ; ) ; )
                                          Don