Emergency Communications Events

    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 21, 2006

      Hi All:

                  I've been made aware we have a few events coming up that are directly and indirectly related to Emergency Communications.

      National Preparedness Month:

      During September, the ARRL will once again be among many organizations and agencies across the country taking part in National Preparedness Month. "The Ready Campaign," produced by the Ad Council in partnership with the US Department of Homeland Security (DHS), is aimed at making citizen preparedness "a priority for every city, every neighborhood and every home" in the United States.  The ARRL encourages you to consider this year's Simulated Emergency Test and all preparations as well as post exercise evaluations as a demonstration of both your readiness and Amateur Radio's readiness.  http://www.ready.gov/

      Essex County CERT Day:

      Saturday September 30, 8:30 – 1:30 pm

      Essex County Police Academy

      All Essex County and municipal CERT volunteers are invited to attend this program that includes an overview and training classes/refreshers in First Aid, Fire Suppression, Light Search and Rescue. Also on hand will be a Fires & Wires demonstration from PSE&G. Breakfast and Lunch will be served.

      For more information contact Sam Carella at (973)284-4929

      The 2006 Simulated Emergency Test (SET) Oct 7 – 8

      Amateur Radio Emergency Service (ARES), National Traffic System (NTS), Radio Amateur Civil Emergency Service (RACES) and other public-service oriented groups can be involved. The SET weekend gives communicators the opportunity to focus on the emergency-communications capability within your community while interacting with NTS nets. Although the main SET weekend this year is October 7 -8, local and section-wide exercises may be held throughout the fall season. Hams read the article in July, 2006 QST about last years SET to get an idea of what to expect.

      Be an active participant in the SET and join the nation in National Preparedness Month.

      Please contact me if you are interested in participating. I would like to keep account of any and all members involved. As more information becomes available I will disseminate it.

      Bob Crifasi   KC2RFC