Re: [EC_EmComm] Too many EmComm posts? Don't unsubscribe please.

  • tankermobile@aol.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 3, 2005
      Bob-
      I just saw your last email to the group.

      You asked if I ever joined forums.  Well, the answer is yes.  And do you know what messages I have seen more than any other?  Members asking how to "opt out"  and begging the moderator to remove them from the group.  Don't count on too many guys from our club having even moderate computer skills or accessibility.  Better to keep their activity "passive" by their having access to important messages right there in their inbox, than expecting them to do anything "active"

      I would think guys would want to know more than just activation or disaster activities.  I would.  I hope there is some middle ground here- but I seem to be losing confidence...

      Best regards,

      Al

      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 4, 2005
        Al,
        I had decided to handle this "offline" but since you posted to the
        group, I'll answer you in kind. You are selling your club members
        short. You'll find many of them are forward thinking and willing to
        take on the challenge of pushing a few buttons. They are after all
        Hams and unafraid of technology aren't they? Unsubscribing is not
        the moderators choice, and is the members choice. There is no need
        to beg. There are alternatives to completely removing one's self
        from the group that have already been offered to you, and in
        addition could be done for you if needed. Your willingness to
        discuss this in the open is just what I had hoped to see on the
        forum. I had hoped however, to see discussion about Emergency
        Communications not the structure of the forum software. It seems
        counter productive to voluntarily join a discussion group only to
        complain about the nature of it. There are alternatives which would
        satisfy your needs. Please try them before you go. Either way it's
        your choice.

        Having said that... Is there anyone in Essex County (or elsewhere)
        with issues about Emergency Communications in (or relevant to) Essex
        County?