Cherry Blossom Run

  • Ray Linke
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 29 12:37 PM
      In the "better late than never" category, Essex County Parks finally got around to asking for radio assistance for this year's Cherry Blossom Run being held at 10 am in Branch Brook Park on Sunday, April 10th.

      I told them it was pretty short notice but that I would at least ask our group if there would be enough manpower to  make it work.  The magic number is seven people.

      Please reply by return email if you are available and would like to participate.  We will most likely be using the 447.875 MHz repeater.

      73

      Ray

    • Ray Linke
      Message 2 of 5 , Apr 2, 2012
        April 15th is the Annual Essex County Cherry Blossom Run and we have been asked to provide communications again this year.

        For those of you who are new, we meet at the Branch Brook Park Field House in Belleville (across from Clara Maas Hospital) at 8:30 am.  Our job is to monitor the race course with the split timers at each mile marker and the turn-around point.  We are usually finished just before 12 noon.  Also, for those who enjoy breakfast, we meet at the State Street Diner in Bloomfield at 7:00 am.

        We will be using the 447.875 MHz repeater in West Orange which has excellent coverage over the whole park.

        Please let me know by email if you are able to join us.  Race shirts will be provided so I will need your size (s,m,l,xl) and also if you would like a parking pass to be able to park your car inside the park.

        Thanks

        Ray, K2DEE

      • Ray Linke
        Message 3 of 5 , Mar 4 12:14 PM

          The Cherry Blossom Run is Sunday, April 7, 2013

           Once again we been asked to provide radio communications for the race.  Anyone interested in helping, please contact Ray, K2DEE.

          (ray.k2dee at gmail.com)

          Cherry Blossom Run
          Branch Brook Park
          Belleville, NJ
          time: Approx 8:30 am - 12 noon.

          We will use the W2QR repeater: 447.875 (-5)

          Meet for breakfast at 7:00 am at the State Street Grill on State Street just off Bloomfield Ave,  Bloomfield, NJ.

        • engelke46
          Message 4 of 5 , Mar 7 8:34 AM
            Sorry I will still be in Florida that day. I will be helping with TourdeCure bicycle tour to Stop Diabetes that day.
            We are also working  Ther Sarasota Halr-Marathon on March 17th.

            See you in May.
            73s
            Harold W2IBM

            The Cherry Blossom Run is Sunday, April 7, 2013

             Once again we been asked to provide radio communications for the race.  Anyone interested in helping, please contact Ray, K2DEE.

            (ray.k2dee at gmail.com)

            Cherry Blossom Run
            Branch Brook Park
            Belleville, NJ
            time: Approx 8:30 am - 12 noon.

            We will use the W2QR repeater: 447.875 (-5)

            Meet for breakfast at 7:00 am at the State Street Grill on State Street just off Bloomfield Ave,  Bloomfield, NJ.

            altaltalt

          • Ray Linke