Our Alert Status is still Standing By

    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 15, 2011

      Our Alert Status is still Standing By

      The Red Cross needs radio operators to support on going Disaster Assessment operations. It will in all likelihood continue into next week.

      While there is no communications emergency and nothing heroic for us to do at the present; there is a possibility for some good experience. It presents the chance to work with another agency we need to interface with during times like these.  There are moments that boredom could be a problem when responding to operations at a lower tension level. The upside is that there are many moments where more attention can be afforded to newer operators.

      However unlikely, even if we did know all there is about emergency operations, we could always stand to  gain a better understanding of the agencies that we may serve when full blown disaster strikes.

      If you are available this week or into next weekend, please contact KC2RFC for possible deployment.

      201 259-8446 CrifasiRF@...