Alert Level Normal/Stand Down (So Far)

    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 8, 2011

      Leadership and Members please take note. Local flooding in some areas is reported. More rain on the way :

      All NNJ ARES Leaders and key EmComm contacts are being kept in the direct loop of NWS issuances to its OEM and Key Partners (NWS Weather Briefings, etc) in regard to an expected significant rain, followed by significant flooding, event this week.

      At this time, Tuesday afternoon, 3/8/2011...the NNJ ARES Alert Status remains at Normal/Stand-down, however, it is expected that within 24 hours, this will change, with the Alert Level being raised to at least the MONITORING for the entire NNJ Section, and possibly higher in some counties/jurisdictions. More info on the NNJ ARES Alert Status is

      here:

      http://www.hudson.arrl.org/nnj/ares

      You will be advised when or if the Alert Level changes, and kept updated on local to NNJ Section situations regarding any Amateur Radio responses or deployments in support of our local Served Agencies, etc.

      Let me know if you have any questions, etc

      George Sabbi