A NOTICE TO: ALL Amateur Radio Operators

    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 22, 2011

      A NOTICE TO:

      EC EmComm Members and

       ALL Amateur Radio Operators

       I just received the information below and it requires immediate attention from each of us. The ARRL is fighting to protect our frequencies. These are frequencies that we use in the hobby daily and rely on during emergency communications. Please do this for yourselves and the greater good of the Hobby. Read below and follow the directions. The next message is also directed at providing information that will demonstrate who the ARRL represents. It will also show that we can and do operate on the frequencies we are trying to protect for use during emergencies and the benefit of our communities.

      Bob Crifasi KC2RFC

      ACTION NEEDED -

      2/22/2011

      ARRL Asks Members to Write in Opposition to HR 607

      http://www.arrl.org/news/arrl-asks-members-to-write-in-opposition-to-hr-607

      "ARRL is asking its members to contact their US representatives in opposition to the sections of HR 607 that could affect the Amateur Radio Service allocation at 420-440 MHz. HR 607 is a direct threat is a direct threat to our limited spectrum and the ARRL encourages all amateurs to appropriately voice their opposition to this bill."

      A Sample Letter for addressing this matter is at: http://www.arrl.org/sample-letters

      PLEASE  NOTE:

      Letters MUST go to the ARRL representative in Washington (Chwat and Co)...NOT directly to your local Representative in Congress. Due to how postal mail is now physically processed to Congress, post 9/11, delays in timely deliver, sometimes of months or more, can be incurred. The ARRL representative will hand deliver letters on this matter to the appropriate locations/people  Full Contact info for Chwat and Co is at:  http://www.arrl.org/contacting-chwat-and-co

      PLEASE encourage all on your teams, as well as all amateur radio operators, to WRITE letters on this direct threat to our frequencies, as is requested at the links above!

      George Sabbi

      KC2GLG

      Section Emergency Coordinator

      ARRL Northern New Jersey Section