New Ice Age and other news!

    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 28, 2011

      All members,

                  I hope you are all getting through our new Ice Age. I would like to congratulate Frank KC2AUP for his outstanding effort in keeping us all informed of the weather events as they approach. Fortunately there have been no reported emergencies that needed our attention or activation. It seems that the situation at WOFAS has stabilized to some degree and leadership may be able to meet there in the future. There are new developments a foot for SKYWARN. NWS, George Sabbi KC2GLG, and Stan Rogacki WA2EXX have consorted to shake things up and put some energy back in the program in Essex County . There may be a training session announced shortly as part of that effort. Stay tuned. The Essex County EmComm website (essexcountyemcomm.org) is progressing under the skilled hands of Tom Waxmonsky KB2TOM.

      Ray Linke K2DEE has informed me of some interesting information that came to him through his County RACES network. There is a group called New Jersey Public Health Amateur Radio Consortium (NJPHARC). We are researching the group and working on becoming a collaborative part of their activities in Essex County .

      We need to move ahead on the order for shirts and jackets. I have a few and if there any more get them in to me soon. Just before I send the list to Murphy's I will confirm your order with you. This should happen next week. If I have an order from you and you don't hear from me by the end of next week, contact me. Otherwise you will "miss the boat".

      Don't forget our Net is next Tuesday. I would like to hear everybody out there on the airwaves.