Sunday's (March 21), Newark Distance Classic Run

    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 17 5:16 PM

      Greetings,

      We're down to the wire, as Sunday is almost here. We still have only a total of 6 radio operators signed up and we still need a total of 20 for this Sunday's (March 21), Newark Distance Classic Run. It consists of a 5K and 13K run. The staging area is at Rutgers' Golden Gym at the corner of Washington Street and Warren Street. Operators should arrive no later than 8:00 AM, and the event should conclude by 1:00 PM.

      This event is not as big as the NYC Marathon or the MS-150, but it is much larger than most runs and walks. Events like this one provide hams with valuable "hands on" training for real emergencies.

      If you can make it, please reply to this e-mail immediately, as I want to send out the manual to everyone on Thursday. If you belong to any local ham radio clubs, please forward this e-mail to members in case any are interested in participating. Anyone wishing to volunteer should contact me, Leon Grauer/N0TAZ, directly at n0taz@....

      Thank you.

      LEON GRAUER - N0TAZ
      PRESIDENT AND EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR
      NEWARK AMATEUR RADIO SOCIETY
      17 ACADEMY STREET
      SUITE 900
      NEWARK, NEW JERSEY 07102

      ESSEX COUNTY EMCOMM
      METRO/NEWARK UNIT COORDINATOR
    • sarwil@juno.com
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 17 6:23 PM
        Leon, Is there a cell number/or frequency we can use Sunday morning to contact you or someone in case of...???

        On Thu, 18 Mar 2010 00:16:12 -0000 "Bob" <CrifasiRF@...> writes:

        Greetings,

        We're down to the wire, as Sunday is almost here. We still have only a total of 6 radio operators signed up and we still need a total of 20 for this Sunday's (March 21), Newark Distance Classic Run. It consists of a 5K and 13K run. The staging area is at Rutgers' Golden Gym at the corner of Washington Street and Warren Street. Operators should arrive no later than 8:00 AM, and the event should conclude by 1:00 PM.

        This event is not as big as the NYC Marathon or the MS-150, but it is much larger than most runs and walks. Events like this one provide hams with valuable "hands on" training for real emergencies.

        If you can make it, please reply to this e-mail immediately, as I want to send out the manual to everyone on Thursday. If you belong to any local ham radio clubs, please forward this e-mail to members in case any are interested in participating. Anyone wishing to volunteer should contact me, Leon Grauer/N0TAZ, directly at n0taz@NewarAmateurR adio.com.

        Thank you.

        LEON GRAUER - N0TAZ
        PRESIDENT AND EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR
        NEWARK AMATEUR RADIO SOCIETY
        17 ACADEMY STREET
        SUITE 900
        NEWARK, NEW JERSEY 07102

        ESSEX COUNTY EMCOMM
        METRO/NEWARK UNIT COORDINATOR

        Ted

        Nutrition

      • Ray
        Message 3 of 4 , Mar 18 10:41 AM
          Hi Leon,

          Sorry I cannot make it.  I am in North Carolina returning home on Sunday.

          Best regards,

          Ray

        • Matthew Redding
          Message 4 of 4 , Mar 18 5:45 PM
            I'm still down for Thursday; didn't get anything from you, so I dunno if you got my name or not. As I told Leon, I'm working 7p-7a the night before, but I'll try to be there as close to 8am as possible if that's not a major issue.

            --mjr