Re: [EC_EmComm] Newark - Haiti EmComm

  • NG3F
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 18, 2010
      Bob, is this the info about what the group was doing for Haiti?

      Chris Snyder, NG3F
      Executive Director
      National Registry of Certified EmComm Volunteers
      PH: 570-504-8738   Toll Free: 866-446-7969
      Fax: 570-561-2657
      Email: chris.snyder@...

      On Sat, Jan 16, 2010 at 10:06 AM, Bob <CrifasiRF@...> wrote:

      Greetings,

      We are making tremendous progress thanks to the concern and cooperation
      and those on this list. Bob (KC2RFC) and George (KC2GLG), thanks to your
      efforts, close to a dozen more operators have contacted us about
      volunteering. Manpower is NOT going to be one of our problems!

      Thanks to Peter (WW2I),who sacrificed time with his family to spend a few
      hours after work setting up an antenna and being sure that the HF station
      was operating properly. Since there are some issues, he and Matt (KC2SEK),
      will be working tomorrow to put up additional antennas and to do whatever
      else is necessary to ensure that we have a good and reliable station.

      Please continue monitoring the IRESC net on EchoLink node 278173, or on
      one of the IRESC "Listen-Only" nodes. Also, for those in Northern New
      Jersey, you can monitor or participate in the IRESC net through the Cirri
      Memorial Repeater, KC2JES, 441.250 MHz, + offset, PL 127.3. There is also
      an informal net and periodic simulcasting of the IRESC and SATERN nets on
      CQ100 at 14.265.

      We will begin putting a schedule together as soon as there are more
      amateur stations operating in Haiti. For now, we are doing the necessary
      technical and community work to make this an effective operation.
      Currently, there are few operators and they are on the air only
      sporadically. But there is hope!! See the exceprt from Frank's e-mail
      below.

      Please keep in touch throughout the weekend. You guys are the vital link
      to making this work. The combined resources and efforts of Paul (N9RSQ),
      Frank (KB2OOJ), Peter (WW2I) and the rest of this group, has led to
      reliable information being shared and networks being set up to ensure that
      we are all well informed and that we have a well manned and properly
      operating station when needed. The importance of this teamwork cannot be
      overstated.

      Frank (KB2OOJ), has a repeater in Elizabeth, NJ, that is almost always
      connected to repeaters in Puerto Rico, as well as some other locations.
      These Puerto Rico repeaters can be a vital link to us here in Northern New
      Jersey with the people of Haiti. Frank sent an e-mail that contains some
      other useful information. You may want to make note of some of this
      information. It is posted below:

      Hello Leon, i just spoke with Eladio (HI3AW) on the Echolink Network who
      informed me that hopefully tomorrow morning a group of Dominican HAMs are
      going to fire up a repeater in "Lomas Las Petacas" (apprx 6,990 feet) in
      south-west of the Dominican Republic on frequency 146.970MHz (-) PL 100.0.
      Eladio informed me that HAMs in Port of Prince should be able to hit this
      repeater with walkie-talkies with just 4-5 watts. Lets hope that they can
      be able to get this repeater going tomorrow. I bet you that if they are
      able to get this repeater going, then you will see a dozen or more of
      Amateur Radio Operators from the Dominican Republic on Echolink over the
      weekend. Unfortunately, up until now we've only seen a handful connected
      on Echolink at any single time. Lets hope this changes because they are
      indeed in the best possible location to be able to provide us with one of
      the best gateways of communications to Haiti.
      Also, I heard Franco (YV5NSF) tell Eladio that there will be three
      Venezuelan rescue groups which many of them are also HAMs who will be
      arriving at Haiti this weekend and that they also expressed the need to
      operate any Amateur Repeater in the Dominican Republic which can provide
      them with coverage around the Port of Price immediate area. Eladio
      confirmed that this repeater which they will be attempting to fire up
      tomorrow should be able to provide service to that area.

      Last, this is the link o fthe most common stations that conenct with me
      from Puerto Rico and also from the imemdiate areas aroudn here. Hope this
      information can help out.

      KB2OOJ-R, 442.850 Eliz NJ New Jersey (CONFERENCE)
      KB2WSJ-L, 144.970 BETHLEHEM, PA
      KB3TQU-L ELIXANDER (N2ADF) IN CATASAUQUA, PA -144.965 - PL 88.
      WP4MMR-L MISAEL IN ISABELA ,P.R. - 146.550 t 100 SIMPLEX
      WP3MH-L MILTON IN SABANA GRANDE P.R. - 146.540 (NO PL)
      KH2RU-L JIMMY IN RIO GRANDE P.R. - 147.570 simplex 88.5
      KP4MCR-R 147.190 / 447.625 VHF / UHF HUMACAO P R.
      KP4LRC-L Cuqui 440.175, SAN SEBASTIAN P.R.
      KP4KJI-R 448.200 Ramon, SAN SEBASTIAN, P.R.
      WP3ZQ -R 448.075 & 145270 TOA BAJA P.R.
      WP3TM -R 447.270 TOA BAJA, P.R. - WP3TM -R 447.270
      WP4MG-L 145-600s. (24/7), HATO REY, P.R.
      KA3PNP-L - JAIME IN FAJARDO, PR FREQ. 145.650 simplex 127.3
      N3TX-L JOSE IN PHILADELPHIA. PA -146.475 SIMPLEX PL 110.9
      N3TX-R JOSE IN PHILADELPHIA. PA - 445.975 SIMPLEX JOSEITO
      WP3HO-L FERMIN, FREQ. 146.490 / PL 97.4 CORDILLERA /PONCE/JUANA DIAZ
      WP4OBT-L JAMES IN SALINA PR, FREQ. 146.400 PL 88.5

      LEON GRAUER - N0TAZ
      PRESIDENT AND EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR
      NEWARK AMATEUR RADIO SOCIETY
      17 ACADEMY STREET