Newark Area Hams Honored for Haiti Efforts

    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 9 3:40 AM

      Greetings,

           On WEDNESDAY, FEBRUARY 17, 2010, there will be a special joint presentation sponsored by the Newark Amateur Radio Society and the NJIT Amateur Radio Club.  The purpose of this event is to honor and thank all of the people and organizations who worked so hard to provide communications on behalf of victims and family members affected by the earthquake in Haiti on January 12, 2010.  We are extending a special invitation to members of Essex County Emcomm and the NJ Transit Amateur Radio Club to attend.

           This event will be held on the campus of NJIT in Newark .  A time has not yet been set, but I expect it to commence somewhere between 4:00 and 5:00 PM.  You will be notified of the specific location and the time in advance.  Talk-in will be on the K2MFF (NJIT) repeater, 147.225 MHz, + offset, PL 141.3.

           Thank you!

      LEON GRAUER - N0TAZ
      PRESIDENT AND EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR

      NEWARK AMATEUR RADIO SOCIETY