HF Frequencies for Haiti Return to Normal...

  • Frank
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 26, 2010

      Please be advised:

      From the ARRL Website: http://www.arrl.org/?artid=9398

      "HF Frequencies for Haiti Return to Normal Use (Jan 24, 2010) -- Considering the improving communications situation in Haiti, Dr Cesar Pio Santos, HR2P, IARU Region 2 EMCOR, announced the release of HF frequencies, including 7.045 and 3.720 MHz, for normal use. "We thank the world radio amateur community for their support in keeping these frequencies clear during the past days." "

      Additionally, our NNJ Section SATERN Liaison Richard Montgomery - N3DV reports that SATERN operations on 14.265 Mhz have moved to a Monitoring Status, (DELTA II Alert Status) as of 1800z on 1/22/2010.

      This will most likely be the final Update on this situation, unless additional requests or information from ARRL HQ is sent out for forwarding, updating, etc.

      The Thanks of all involved, on all levels, during the last 10 plus days goes to all who stood by or made initial preparations for further response. Please continue to keep situationally aware of this continuing situation as well as keep those directly or indirectly affected in your thoughts and prayers.

      George Sabbi

      KC2GLG

      Section Emergency Coordinator

      ARRL Northern New Jersey Section