Operators - Update #1 for Sunday Jan. 17

    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 17, 2010

      Good morning,

           Once again, I thank each of you for volunteering to serve as operators.  Our location is waiting for us.  We are awaiting the establishment of stations in Haiti that will be passing Health and Welfare information.  The good folks at IRESC expect operators to be set up sometime between today and Tuesday.  Once we know they're up and running, I will reach out again so that we can set up an operating schedule for each volunteer.

           In the meantime, you can monitor this link for a simulcast of HF activity re the disaster: http://www.ustream.tv/channel/voip-radio

           Daytime nets to monitor are SATERN 14.265 (USB), and the Maritime Net 14.300 (USB).

           The IRESC Net is operating around-the-clock on EchoLink Node 278173 (please select the "Listen Only" mode when you are not transmitting, so as to avoid inintended transmissions which are easy to do on the computer).

           You may also listen to a simulcast of the IRESC Net on the Cirri repeater, as to my prior e-mails.

           Please reach out if you have any questions, concerns, comments or suggestions.  We'll have a schedule together soon enough and look forward to everyone serving at that time.

      73,

      LEON GRAUER - N0TAZ
      PRESIDENT AND EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR

      NEWARK AMATEUR RADIO SOCIETY
      17 ACADEMY STREET
      SUITE 900
      NEWARK, NEW JERSEY 07102

      ESSEX COUNTY EMCOMM

      METRO/NEWARK UNIT COORDINATOR

    • rocket@schlesingers.net
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 17, 2010

        It will be fun to do something with Leon.  Quite a character.