Re: Haiti Deployment Protocol

    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 13, 2010
      Dear Partners in Emergency Management:

      The following is a message from FEMA headquarters supported by the New Jersey Office of Emergency Management.  Please adhere to FEMA's guidance related to the disaster in Haiti and feel free to contact NJOEM with any questions comments or concerns regarding the matter.

      Message from FEMA: Initial reports from Haiti in the wake of yesterday's earthquake are concerning and troubling. During times like these, the emergency response community always stands ready to assist those in need.  FEMA Administrator Craig Fugate is reminding our response community that assets should not self deploy to affected areas. The United States Department of State has the lead for foreign disaster assistance, and US assets should deploy only if tasked to do so by the State Department. The most urgent need that the response community can fulfill at this time is supporting ongoing disaster relief fundraising efforts.

      We will continue to update guidance as the situation unfolds. Thank you for your support.

      Major Dennis McNulty
      Commanding Officer
      New Jersey Office of Emergency Management
      Division of State Police