Inform our EmComm community

    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 13 12:22 PM

      EmComm Members:

      I have been receiving various pieces of information regarding the communications efforts related to the disaster in Haiti. I will pass it on here. Please do not hesitate to use this forum to inform our EmComm community and each other of anything you deem appropriate.

      Bob C. KC2RFC

      IAEM Discussion Group:
      Our local Ham Radio support group has posted the information below in regard to the Haiti earthquake:

      FYI -

      SATERN HF nets are now active in response to the earthquake in Haiti. Please give these frequencies a wide berth.

      14.235 MHz (Daytime Primary)
      7269 kHz (Evening Primary)
      3977.7 kHz (Night Primary)

      Additional:

      The Maritime Mobile Service Net is also active on 14.300 with some earthquake traffic.

      For those who want to listen there are state-side HF stations that are streaming the audio on the internet - http://14300.net/avlinks.html

      Kent

      C. Kent McKenzie, CEM(r)
      Emergency Management Coordinator