Re: [EC_EmComm] EmComm MONITORING status

  • kc2aup@arrl.net
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 21, 2009
      Hi Bob,

      Guess you already know that I was not part of the net because of plowing.  We have the contract with Jersey City, and was there for 21 hours.   Therefore, I was not able to be part of the net with everybody.  I would like to try to put together something in a small box that will house a radio and small speaker that would be small enough for portable use.  This way, I can put it in a truck on the front seat or something.

      Any word on the jacket with the info I mailed to you last week?

      Frank...

      In a message dated 12/19/2009 12:44:58 P.M. Eastern Standard Time, CrifasiRF@... writes:

      Good Afternoon all,
       As I'm sure you are all aware by now we have a significant snow storm on the way. The reports I have seen range from 2 to 10 inches. Nothing we haven't seen before. However it still requires a degree of caution when driving and deciding to drive at all. It has already begun in southern New Jersey and we should see it later this afternoon. NNJ ARES has officially been in a MONITORING status for the last 12 hrs.  I am moving us, in Essex County, to that status as well as well. The "Alert Status" chart has been posted here.
       Please monitor WA2JSB and check in as needed if you see any problems. There is no net currently. I will be monitoring the repeater throughout the day. Please feel free to contact your Municipal EC, Unit EC, or myself if needed. I can be reached by all of our usual methods.

      Happy Holidays