Re: I have a ?

  • kc2rfc
    Message 1 of 10 , Nov 19, 2009
      Not to put too fine a point on it, the Yeasu FT-897 is THE EmComm radio. :) I have two stations set up using that radio as a base. One at home and one at that other controversial place, my office (shhh). Both have a car jump start battery as backup power on trickle charge. Both using the Arrow dual band UHF/VHF J-pole antenna. I do need to do some work on getting the internal batteries squared away. I keep a charged HT with me at all times with two back up batteries and a Double A cell pack. There's more but that is enough to peg me as a radio Geek without going any further.

      Bob KC2RFC

    • kc2aup@arrl.net
      Message 2 of 10 , Nov 19, 2009
        Sorry, I am a Kenwood man all the way.  I had a choice of radios at one point in time, but I decided to with the best.....
        Message 3 of 10 , Nov 19, 2009
          We forgive you.

          Sorry, I am a Kenwood man all the way.  I had a choice of radios at one point in time, but I decided to with the best.....
        • kc2sou
          Message 4 of 10 , Nov 30, 2009
            So Kenwood man,
            can you tell me the model # of the kenwood rig that has HF,VHF,UHF
            and can fit in-- lets say a shoe box.... looking for your answer...
            HIHI.... ron b E.C.R.O.

            Message 5 of 10 , Nov 30, 2009
              Newer or older..

              Message 6 of 10 , Dec 1, 2009
                New or older( i think he's stalling) AHHH any in the last ten years..... HIHI..