Re: [EC_EmComm] I have a ?

  • Cody
    Message 1 of 10 , Nov 19, 2009
      706 it's small and easy to us.mote important many HAMs have one
      Cody Kc2lsf

      On Nov 18, 2009, at 9:33 PM, "kc2sou" <ronster440@...> wrote:

      So how is everybody doin...

      Maybe we should start a convo.

      What is the best radio for ECOMM..... and why you think so

      any takers...
      Ron Boucher kc2sou

    • kc2rfc
      Message 2 of 10 , Nov 19, 2009
        Not to put too fine a point on it, the Yeasu FT-897 is THE EmComm radio. :) I have two stations set up using that radio as a base. One at home and one at that other controversial place, my office (shhh). Both have a car jump start battery as backup power on trickle charge. Both using the Arrow dual band UHF/VHF J-pole antenna. I do need to do some work on getting the internal batteries squared away. I keep a charged HT with me at all times with two back up batteries and a Double A cell pack. There's more but that is enough to peg me as a radio Geek without going any further.

        Bob KC2RFC

      • kc2aup@arrl.net
        Message 3 of 10 , Nov 19, 2009
          Sorry, I am a Kenwood man all the way.  I had a choice of radios at one point in time, but I decided to with the best.....
          Message 4 of 10 , Nov 19, 2009
            We forgive you.

            Sorry, I am a Kenwood man all the way.  I had a choice of radios at one point in time, but I decided to with the best.....
          • kc2sou
            Message 5 of 10 , Nov 30, 2009
              So Kenwood man,
              can you tell me the model # of the kenwood rig that has HF,VHF,UHF
              and can fit in-- lets say a shoe box.... looking for your answer...
              HIHI.... ron b E.C.R.O.

              Message 6 of 10 , Nov 30, 2009
                Newer or older..

                Message 7 of 10 , Dec 1, 2009
                  New or older( i think he's stalling) AHHH any in the last ten years..... HIHI..