Emergency Communication Webinar Tomorrow

  • Frank
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 4, 2009

      My name is David Friedman, KE7GOY, and I am an AEC with my local ARES—I'm also with RACES, Skywarn, NOAA Weather Spotter, Government Liaison/ESF- 6 American Red Cross and an Animal Rescue & Response Team. Busy as that sounds, I am also a technical consultant to a company called Depiction (depiction.com) . They make mapping, resource location, volunteer tracking, scenario prediction, repeater location/coverage, NOAA weather, etc. software that has major implications in emergency communications and management.

      The last couple of weeks, I've been giving webinars with the folks at Depiction, and they've been so successful that we've expanded them into an ongoing series. Thursday, November 5 at 1 PM EST/10 AM PST, we will be doing a brand new webinar entitled "Make it Work! Using Depiction for Your Emergency Planning and Response." If you work with Amateur Radio Operators—or anyone involved in emergency management and communications— who would be interested in seeing the specifics of how they can use this new technology, please pass on my invitation.

      Also on our calendar, for Thursday, November 12, at 1 PM EST/10 AM PST, we'll be presenting "Depiction and Amateur Radio EmComm Overview," a general look at what is possible with Depiction. This is the webinar that was watched by hundreds of participants from across the country last week, and it draws heavily on my own experience using the software. I've used Depiction during hurricanes Gustav and Ike, California wildfires, Midwest floods and tornados, and in Washington state during several winter disasters. Again, this webinar is of interest to anyone involved in emergency management and communications, so please do attend, and pass this on to anyone you think may be interested.

      One last thing—I am told by Depiction staff that they will be offering a special 25% off coupon to webinar attendees. Just one more reason to stop by!

      Thanks for your time,

      David Friedman, KE7GOY
      Monroe, WA

      November 5 Webinar: https://www1. gotomeeting. com/register/ 141612248