Bike Race in Newark

  • kc2rfc
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 1, 2009

      From Leon N0TAZ EC EmComm Newark Unit EC:

      Hi,

           There will be a bike race in Newark on Saturday, October 17th.  I have, on behalf of the Newark Amateur Radio Society, reached out to the race organizers about Amateurs providing communications support.   I should hear an answer from them by Monday, October 5th.  Expecting a "yes", I am reaching out to get volunteers.  Ideally, I would like the involvement of local Amateur Radio organizations  -  - NJIT, Essex County Emcomm, Nutley Amateur Radio Society and others.  We will need a significant number of operators, and I should be able to put a number to it by early next week.  Participating in this event will give positive exposure to Amateur Radio and to the participating organizations.  Providing communications support is excellent practical training for emergency communications service.

           Please pass this e-mail on to any individual hams and ham radio organizations in and near Essex County and ask any interested persons to reach out to me at n0taz@... before Monday, October 5th.

      73.

      LEON GRAUER - N0TAZ
      PRESIDENT AND EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR