Re: [EC_EmComm] Interesting Surprises

  • Ray Linke
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 19, 2009
      Good morning all,

      Gene no longer uses his personal callsign on his D-Start repeater.  The callsign is W2DGL.  If I had to guess I would say that Gene chose the letters as in DiGitaL.

      Here is the information:

      Callsign:W2DGL
      City:Cedar Grove
      State:NJ
      Country:USA
      Website:
      Gateway Registration URL:
      Gateway Enabled:YES
      DSTARMonitor Enabled:YES
      ARRL Listed:NO
      Trust Server:USROOT

      Frequency Information

      2 Meters (Usually "C" Node):146.44500MHz +1.000

      70 Centimeters (Usually "B" Node):N/A

      23 Centimeters Voice (Usually "A" Node):1293.05000MHz -20.000

      Note for 2 meter operation you need to enter the "C" node in the repeater callsign.

      Regards,

      Ray

      Robert Crifasi wrote:

      Thanks Matt. I sent it on to Ron Boucher to check out for us.

      Message 2 of 5 , Apr 26, 2009
        Hello Brothers,

        The CALL is cool as it is, but it might not fit with the ecomm
        idea..(LOL) I want to thank everybody with the help on the frequency
        list. I have a good list form a local ham, but I will work on it some more.
        It my be a good idea to have a "home " simplex frequency for
        us to use when we are on site. This will take sometime. but for now
        I am looking around 147.555 time will tell..

        Just got back from vacation. I went camping for a week. I made a 80m
        dipole to have some fun at night or if the fishing was slow. Now what
        does that have to do with ecomm? I learned that I could talk to all
        my local club members(W2GLQ) and friends with no problem.( ABOUT
        100 MILES) Lets remember VHF + UHF are great but they have limits as
        well...( please look into upgrading your license class if needed)

        See you down the log
        Ron Boucher KC2SOU
        kc2sou@...