RE: [EC_EmComm] Interesting Surprises

    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 18, 2009
      Thanks Matt. I sent it on to Ron Boucher to check out for us.

      Message 2 of 5 , Apr 19, 2009
        Good morning all,

        Gene no longer uses his personal callsign on his D-Start repeater.  The callsign is W2DGL.  If I had to guess I would say that Gene chose the letters as in DiGitaL.

        Here is the information:

        Callsign:W2DGL
        City:Cedar Grove
        State:NJ
        Country:USA
        Website:
        Gateway Registration URL:
        Gateway Enabled:YES
        DSTARMonitor Enabled:YES
        ARRL Listed:NO
        Trust Server:USROOT

        Frequency Information

        2 Meters (Usually "C" Node):146.44500MHz +1.000

        70 Centimeters (Usually "B" Node):N/A

        23 Centimeters Voice (Usually "A" Node):1293.05000MHz -20.000

        Note for 2 meter operation you need to enter the "C" node in the repeater callsign.

        Regards,

        Ray

        ____________ _________ _________ __
        Message 3 of 5 , Apr 26, 2009
          Hello Brothers,

          The CALL is cool as it is, but it might not fit with the ecomm
          idea..(LOL) I want to thank everybody with the help on the frequency
          list. I have a good list form a local ham, but I will work on it some more.
          It my be a good idea to have a "home " simplex frequency for
          us to use when we are on site. This will take sometime. but for now
          I am looking around 147.555 time will tell..

          Just got back from vacation. I went camping for a week. I made a 80m
          dipole to have some fun at night or if the fishing was slow. Now what
          does that have to do with ecomm? I learned that I could talk to all
          my local club members(W2GLQ) and friends with no problem.( ABOUT
          100 MILES) Lets remember VHF + UHF are great but they have limits as
          well...( please look into upgrading your license class if needed)

          See you down the log
          Ron Boucher KC2SOU
          kc2sou@...